Assistant Product Manager - Graduate Opportunity
With its leading edge technology, this highly innovative Midlands based manufacturing / engineering business now requires an Assistant Product Manager to provide pro-active, focused support to the Product Management Team in the maintenance of one of its premium and best known, international SMART product ranges whilst contributing to future product development.
This role would be suitable for either a recent graduate or someone shortly due to graduate, who is looking to develop their career in a commercially focused, product management role.
As the Assistant Product Manager for this brand, you would be working within a fast paced, technology driven environment. You will be given ownership of bringing products to market and liaising with the design, quality, sales and marketing functions within the wider business to ensure the product range meets consumer needs.
The role responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- supporting and managing new and ongoing product development for the brand’s SMART product range
- supporting the development of innovative market leading products
- assisting with the launch of products on time and to budget
- ensuring the successful range management of product categories allocated to you including range rationalisation, pricing hierarchy and product launches
- researching new and existing product markets and competitor offerings
- supporting sales requirements for channel specific products
- supporting the brand at exhibitions and trade shows as necessary
Ideally of graduate standard, preferably from within a technical, marketing, electronics or engineering based discipline, candidates will also be able to demonstrate that they:
- have some previous work experience, ideally from within a commercial, technology biased or product management focused environment
- have an understanding of embedded programming/ hardware design with an interest in electronics or software systems
- have excellent IT skills with a good understanding of general PC packages, in particular Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- have excellent attention to detail
- have the ability to clearly prioritise workloads and tasks, and be used to multi-tasking
- have excellent communication skills and can be flexible, creative and thrive in a challenging environment
- are an organised and pro-active individual, who demonstrates a positive and professional attitude
- are able to work as part of a team or under their own initiative to meet required targets and deadlines
- sound project management skills
Applicants must hold a full current UK driving licence.