Edinburgh & Fife
Our client’s vision is to make a positive difference to the communities they serve.
They do this by improving homes, improving communities and improving lives and their approach is based on the development of outstanding partnerships with employees, clients, tenants, customers, their families and the wider community.
With staff of all ages and walks of life, a job with our client has a rewarding impact on the lives of others and your own life. With offices across the UK, a job with them could be just around the corner.
They are now seeking to recruit three Electricians to join their teams in Edinburgh and Fife. Within this role you will install, service and maintain electrical systems and appliances within domestic and commercial properties to a high quality standard in compliance with the current Edition of The IET Wiring Regulations.
The successful Electrician will undertake work in accordance with The Electricity @ Work Regulations 1989, BS 7671: 2008, NICIEC requirements, Scottish Building Standards and our client’s requirements. Within the role you will be responsible for keeping safe your test kits, recording devices and any other equipment with a responsibility to adhere to all Health & Safety regulations. Carrying out general electrical work such as replacing sockets and light fittings, you will rewire domestic properties alongside installing smoke alarms, fans and shower circuits/ units. Maintaining communal external lighting you will be responsible for the earthing and protective bonding of installations. Candidates for this role will ensure they are available for any audit conducted by Compliance /SHEQ/ NICEIC alongside obtaining any customer feedback on completed works when required.
Candidates for this position will be experienced in installing, repairing, inspecting and testing electrical installations coupled with the ability to complete the appropriate Electrical Certificate or Electrical condition report for the work completed. The successful Electrician will hold the following qualifications / experience:
- Completed a recognised apprenticeship
- Hold a SVQ level 3 in Electrical Installation
- City & Guilds 2382 - 10/15
- City & Guilds 2391-10 or 2395 (If completing EICR’s)
- City & Guilds 2377 (If carrying out PAT testing)
- An excellent communicator you will be able to produce information in written form and complete all necessary work documentation and analyse given test results ensuring accuracy at all times. Moreover, we are looking for an individual who is motivated with the ability to succeed and inspire others.
A written technical questionnaire will be part of the interview process.
This role will be working from Monday to Friday 8am to 4.30pm with 30-minute lunch breaks + Out of Hours Emergency Rota as required
Please refer to the full job description upon applying
Candidates for this position will hold a full UK Driving Licence
Once you join the family, you'll have online access to a range of voluntary and flexible benefits, including...
- Training and development
- Advantage - Allowing you to save money on everything from weekly groceries, to your annual family holiday
- Assist - A confidential hotline open to all colleagues, providing support on a wide range of personal and work-related issues.
- Long service and additional holiday leave - Colleagues who stay for a period of time at the company are rewarded for their service.
- Share Save as you Earn scheme - Buy shares within the business for three years, at a reduced price. Share in the success!
- Seeing first-hand the impact you have on the lives of the people you support
Our client and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunities Employers
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.