Our client in the Poole area are looking for an International Supply Chain and Purchasing Manager to join the purchasing and operations department on a permanent basis.
The main purpose of this role is to Co-ordinate UK and worldwide supply chain.
The main responsibilities include:
- Guarantee the supply chain runs well, from both China and UK based suppliers
- To check the logistics of orders
- To set artwork, spec sheets, load and shipping plans
- Monitor the flow of goods through the supply chain
- To develop relationships with current suppliers, reduce costs/lead times and improve quality/service levels
- Assist with running of the China customer projection
- Develop customer critical path; communication Sales and Directors
- Review and maintain compliance
- Identifying and implementing improvements in the supply chain
- Assist the Operations Manager on all departmental issues; reviewing, revising and implementing new procedure and processes
- All procedures must be clearly communicated to all team members
- Develop new tools, systems and procedure by documenting/ formatting procedures
- Create reports and statistics
Skills and experience required:
- Excellent skills in using Sage and Sage Manufacturing
- Strong computer skills on Microsoft office and word
- Excellent communication and time management skills
Hours : 9am- 5.30pm
Salary: £20,000 - £24,000
Holiday: 20 days plus bank holidays
Parking available and other benefits.