Our client is a reputable engineering company based just outside Edinburgh who have an exceptional reputation in their markets. They are growing significantly and are expanding their manufacturing site in line with this. Therefore they see the need for more processes to be implemented and closer attention paid to accounting systems, stock tracking and debtors. With this in mind they have decided to bring in a Financial Controller with some experience of working within manufacturing.
Main duties will include:
- Ensure company reporting deadlines are met.
- Monitor and manage debt recovery
- Manage company taxes in line with HMRC timelines
- Produce monthly summary of financial statements and submit to bank, Directors and General Manager.
- Ensure draft financial statements and accounting system backup are provided to the auditors within the required timeframe.
- Facilitate monthly meetings with senior management to discuss financial performance and make recommendations for enhancement.
- Manage the accounts clerk
- Constructing management accounts and producing P&L statements along with cash flow and balance sheet.
- Prepare accurate financial information for the senior management and assist in assessing and measuring company performance.
- Managing, auditing and calculating the value of stock takes and preparing variance reports.
- Working closely with the sales and production teams creating analysis reports with required information.
- Assist the General Manager in the production of budgets and rolling forecasts.
- Ensuring all stock take information is accurately recorded and inputted investigating any queries in relation to quantities.
- Collating and balancing end of year figures.
Skills and experience required:
Ideally you will be a fully qualified accountant with hands on experience working within a manufacturing organisation. You should have knowledge of working with stock and stock in progress as well as experience of cost analysis. You should be adept at producing monthly and annual reports and will have an advanced knowledge of microsoft packages.
The role is based in East Lothian.