Business Development Executive (Marketing) - 1 Year Contract
We are currently looking for an experienced and well qualified Business Development Executive for a busy Marketing and Business Development Department The role will be based at the Exeter office but will be required to support the Firm across offices in the South West and London. This is a 12 month, fixed term position covering maternity leave.
This is a key role driving strategic business development for the firm's complementary services and products, the Private Client division and Agricultural sector.
The key requirements of this important role are:
- Leading on all BD activities (pitching, presentation creation, event support, client Support Senior BDM at departmental/divisional level across the BD mix (pitching, presentation creation, event support, client initiatives)
- Drafting and implementation of departmental business and marketing plans
- Managing departmental and sector budgets
- Overseeing the organisation of all marketing events including seminars, hospitality and exhibitions
- Providing support to partners and fee-earners to help them build and maintain relationships and pursue opportunities with existing clients and targets
This role is responsible for providing efficient and effective marketing and business development support to Partners and fee earners and assisting them consistently in achieving their targets.
The successful candidate will provide internal and external business development support by raising the market profile and maximising all business development opportunities through supporting the Firm in building new client relationships and identifying cross-selling opportunities.
The successful candidate will have experience within a marketing or business development function and be educated to degree level or equivalent, with formal training in marketing, sales and account management.
It is essential that you will have a proven track record as an effective communicator and be able to influence and persuade at all levels. You will have strong leadership skills and be able to lead and motivate the Business Development and Marketing team to ensure delivery of the department's strategy, as well as ensuring that the profile and reputation of the department is high. You will be able to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects in a fast paced and demanding environment with a positive attitude and determination to succeed.