Vocational Skills Tutor - Vehicle Mechanic
We are proud to be working on behalf of a local training body that provides innovative education solutions to young children and teenagers. Our client are currently seeking an experienced Skilled Tutor or Assessor with a proven background in Vehicle Mechanics to provide support and learning through creative forms of learning.
The successful candidate must possess previous experience in the education sector, along with an understanding of health and safety and risk management. A1 Assessor qualified is not essential, but strongly desirable. The role is based in Nottingham, East Midlands.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Training young people the basic fundamentals of vehicle mechanics
- Delivering key learning principles using a host of collaborative and innovative communication techniques
- Co-ordinating effectively with the Education Department
- Adhering consistently to the health and safety regulations and policies surrounding the safeguarding of young people
- Maintaining a high level of risk awareness involved whilst working with vulnerable people
- Leading by example and ensuring a strict order of discipline is maintained
- Communicating creative solutions in which to fully involve each pupil within the educational curriculum
- Offering one-to-one tutorials with pupils that require additional support
- Pre - planning lessons and identifying the need to tailor certain learning programs to meet the needs of the intended audience
Education, Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum level 3 qualification in vehicle mechanics or similar
- Previous experience and knowledge of vehicle mechanic principles
- Previous experience working with children in the education or community sector, i.e. teaching scouting etc
- Pre-existing qualified A1 assessor strongly advantageous
- Qualification and experience delivering chosen vocational area KS 3, 4 or 5, highly desirable
- Dedicated to providing positive outcomes for vulnerable people
- Own transport essential
If you know you have the required skills and experience and would like to find out more please apply now.
Unfortunately we are unable to contact all candidates due to the large volume of applications we receive. If you have not heard from a consultant within the next three days please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion. Please do not hesitate to apply for other suitable roles in the future.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Express Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Express Recruitment Ltd. are those of an Employment Agency.