Business Development Manager
As a Business Development Manager you will be required to drive the healthcare establishment business, through an agreed geographical area, effectively leading and managing, to achieve the overall aim of delivering all essential business targets; to deliver growth, profitability and compliance.
Offering an exceptional level of service by promoting an efficient and pro-active strategy to deliver results whilst working towards our company values. You will embrace the company vision promoting this with all internal and external customers.
In this role you will take the lead in developing the business, giving you the opportunity to have a significant impact on performance and profitability.
This role covers our North West region: Greater Manchester, Liverpool, Fylde Coast and Preston.
To embrace the company vision and values and SustainAbiliities programme, promoting these with all internal and external customers.
• To carry out calls, meetings and marketing activity to generate new business within healthcare markets.
• To work closely with the branch network, Regional Operation Managers, Care Service Managers and marketing teams to ensure that appropriate mechanisms are in place to assist with the generation of new business.
• To follow a structured plan of new and existing business development as instructed by the Sales Team Manager
• To undertake sales / business presentations to sell the services we can deliver
• To support the identification of new business opportunities alongside the contracts team.
• To support the contracts teams and to ensure PQQ, bids and tenders are completed within the specific timeframes.
• Work alongside the branch network and central recruitment to ensure required adverts are live and they are attracting relevant workers to support packages starting.
• To complete business proposals, rates and service level agreements to clients
• To ensure that all business activity and progress is recorded and reported appropriately using the CRM system.
• To keep your pipeline of potential new business accurately up to date on CRM for reporting purposes to senior management team.
• To operate in an efficient and organised manner in following sales leads thoroughly at the appropriate level (i.e. new or existing lead)
• Working very closely with the branch network and marketing teams to ensure that appropriate mechanisms are in place to assist with the generation of new business. This will include clear marketing plans and service delivery plans the branch or business unit levels.
• Ensure effective communication processes are in operation between all relevant functions in the business.
• To support the quality, safety to ensure that a high quality of care is being provided to all clients.
• To ensure all progress is reported on in a clear and consistent manner.
• The role will require travel on a regional basis and some overnight stays.
• To undertake other duties as requested.
Working closely with the Executive Management Team and the Head of Business Development the role will be based at our Head Office but due to the nature of the role there will be a need for regular national travel.
Knowledge skills & experience:
• Demonstrate ability in developing and implementing new business opportunities within the in order to facilitate clear growth.
• Proven skills in a customer-facing role with high standards of presentation.
• Strong communication, analytical and appropriate IT skills.
• Sales / business development experience
• Numerate and commercially aware
• Knowledge of Healthcare market
Having worked in a similar role, with extensive experience of managing existing accounts and securing new business relationships. A strong communicator with good IT skills, you will have the drive to succeed in this active and exciting role that will allow you to have a significant impact on the business performance.
You will be required to embrace the company vision and values and SustainAbiliities programme, promoting these with all internal and external customers.
About the company:
Interserve Healthcare delivers specialist healthcare services to clients in their own homes and in healthcare establishments throughout the UK. We recruit Nurses, Healthcare Assistants and Support Workers on a national basis to deliver outstanding care and support to our ever-growing client base.