SENIOR DEVELOPMENT MANAGER - CE-FH003804R
Job title: Senior Development Manager
Location: The Midlands
A dynamic and innovative business supplying chilled foods to all major retailers are now seeking to employ a new Senior Development Manager. This is a brand new and exciting opportunity, created due to extensive growth. This role is a highly Customer orientated role providing continuous success in launching exciting new products and market leading recipes.
Duties include (but are not limited to)
- To be the main contact for our customers for the NPD function on site for the site.
- Be aware of all accounts and activity
- Recommend and help implement with Head NPD new initiatives and procedure required to deliver the NPD Programme and smooth running of the Dept,
- To develop and support the NPD team to ensure that the very best work and attitudes is generated from the team.
- Achieve budgeted net profit for the developed lines throughout the process and flag when margin is eroding
- Manage focused development of new products to deliver the required margin for our customers and the business, including the completion of development costings within agreed commercial, technical and customer briefs and timescales.
- Work closely with Commercial Manager and Category to understand the market and the consumer and support the delivery of Category Reviews
- Create new and innovative products in line with agreed business plans & market developments, showing a real flair for food & trends.
- Challenge existing products and processes, suggest new process where required and recommend upgrades where necessary.
- Ensure self and the development team are up to date with culinary trends via shopping trips, travel, restaurants, exhibitions, market reports, visiting places of interest, reading food journals & magazines to improve their culinary skills and knowledge of foods. Providing weekly & Monthly updates
- Working with and engaging others to find opportunities to challenge and develop the performance of the function as a member of the leadership team in the commercial function.
- Facilitation of any project required by site or retailers
- Ensuring compliance with all policies and procedures i.e. Health and Safety responsibilities as defined in the H&S Policy
- Experience of working in a fast paced chilled foods environment
- Strong man-management skills
- Experience of working in a customer facing role
- A food related degree
- The ability to work autonomously
- A real passion for food and success
If you are interested in learning more about this role, please forward your CV today.