Ward Manager - Orthopaedic unit The Wellington Hospital
Develop your career at HCA Healthcare UK - The world's largest private acute and complex care hospital group and winners of 'The Best Private Healthcare provider 2016'.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Ward Manager to join our Orthopaedic ward based at the Wellington Hospital's Platinum Medical Centre in St Johns Wood, London (NW8 7JA). This is exciting times for the hospital as the Orthopaedic service is expanding in the near future.
Our 14 bed Orthopaedic unit offers a whole range of Orthopaedic services. Our team of experts are divided into several specialist areas including, Hand & Wrist, Hip & Knee, Shoulder & Elbow, Orthopaedic Spinal, Peripheral Nerve and Foot & Ankle.
As a Ward Manager you will report into the Matron and oversee the running of this state of-the-art Orthopaedic unit. You will provide the clinical and operational leadership on a daily basis, managing a team of 17, ensuring that exceptional standards of care are adhered to at all times.
Our unit is dedicated to treating orthopaedic patients and supported by specialist nurses and therapists who help our patients regain health and mobility as quickly as possible. To provide a fully supported patient journey all areas of orthopaedics are supported by the most up-to-date imaging equipment onsite.
* Hours: 37.5 per week
* Shift pattern: Flexible although ideally 3 long days p/week; 8am - 8:30pm (Mon-Fri)
* Salary: £44,925 - £50,541 per annum
* Benefits: structured career development, funded courses, health and wellbeing support system, private pension, private medical care cover, guaranteed annual salary review and much more
Duties & Responsibilities
* To have continued responsibility for leadership and the safe management of the clinical area, acting as a clinical expert for junior staff.
* Take an effective role in staff management, including, recruitment and retention, ensuring staff receive the necessary training and professional development they require as well as managing rostering, holiday and sickness ensuring the unit is always appropriately staffed.
* Works collaboratively with the ward Matron to implement and achieve the unit's short and long term goals which are aligned with the organisational vision/mission and the nursing strategy.
* Maintains department and staff costs in line with budget and worked hours/Units of Services.
* Actively promote Clinical Governance, Clinical Effectiveness and other quality initiatives as well as ensuring that risk management strategies are in place.
Skills & Experience
* Registered Nurse with extensive post graduate experience in Orthopaedics.
* Previous experience at Ward Sister level or above with excellent leadership skills.
* Orthopaedic certificate as well as Mentorship qualification.
* Evidence of effective staff management with the ability to manage resources efficiently within budgetary constraints and for a constantly changing workload.
* Skill in prioritising workload and delegating as appropriate
* Good communication skills with a proactive and pragmatic approach.
About The Facility
The Wellington Hospital is the UK's largest independent hospital with over 260 beds and 1000 employees. We have an international reputation for excellence in complex healthcare and have gained four decades of expertise in treating patients from the UK and overseas.