Financial Planning Analyst
Financial Planning Analyst
We are currently seeking a Financial Planning Analyst who will play a critical role in supporting the delivery of a first class finance function and be instrumental in driving quality commercial information to support the growth and development of the business.
Summary of main duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for the design, development, deployment and maintenance of all internal FP&A reports.
- Responsibility for the implementation of real time, weekly and monthly KPI suite.
- Gear the business up for quarterly business review for all functional areas of the business.
- Business partnering with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Participating in the annual strategic planning and budgeting processes. This will include establishing assumptions, spreadsheet modelling, consolidation, analysis and presentation preparation to key stakeholders in the business.
- Responsibility for preparing ad-hoc financial analysis to support senior management decisions.
- Monitoring the company acquisitions, retention rates, sales, profit, and cash against the targets on a weekly basis.
- Responsibility for maintaining supplier credit models and ensuring the trading department is operating within specified mandate
- Leading the business on new business cases and business development. Working with internal departments and individuals to structure such projects.
- Reviewing and updating cost and expense trend reports, and analysing variations ensuring alignment with the forecast.
- Responsible for Working Capital and department spending analysis.
- Day to day management of the team, including appraisals, coaching and mentoring (once team is in place)
- Any other duties as required
- A Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA) or qualified by experience
- Degree in Accounting or Finance is desirable.
- Experience in preparing, analysing, and implementing accounting and reporting requirements. Strong business acumen and analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to gather, analyse and present data.
- Experience of people management
- Prior experience of modelling packages including Tableau and Alteryx.
- A desire to add value and providing a valuable contribution to the wider business.
- The ability to business partner and communicate with non-finance stakeholders effectively and articulately.
- A proven track record of building relationships at all levels within the organisation
- Ability to organise multiple responsibilities and deliver results in an accurate and timely manner while adapting to changes in priorities.
- Ability to influence and strategically partner with individuals of various educational and technical backgrounds, both inside and outside the organisation.
- Detail and process oriented.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Self-starter with a strong sense of urgency and follow up skills.
- Salary £35,000 - £40,000 DOE
- Excellent progression opportunities
- Fantastic working environment in central Bournemouth
- 30 days’ holiday (inclusive of public holidays)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension Contribution Plan
- Salary Sacrifice Parking option
- Free hot and cold drinks, and fruit bowls replenished daily
- Building a fantastic reputation for outstanding service.
- A wide range of flexible benefits for all employees
This is a fantastic opportunity for candidates to join a reputable business that encourages career progression and offers job satisfaction and security.