Working for a well-established, traditional, yet entrepreneurial and forward thinking Insurance company in York; a position of Claims Manager has arisen for an individual with a mature approach and solid claims experience to manage a team of established Claims Handlers whilst generating revenue and developing the profitability of the business. You will be required to manage and measure team objectives whilst ensuring full FCA compliance and a quality service is provided to all clients.
As the Claims Manager, your role will involve dealing with all compliance issues in relation to claims and complaints handling, training and competence. Developing and maintaining a professional working relationship with all clients and ensure expert advice in all areas of business as well as;
- Ensuring all business activity fully complies with FCA regulation and company procedures as detailed in the compliance manual - using checklists and support documentation to assist
- Handling any complaints in accordance with company procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Conducting learning, training and assessment exercises in accordance with the individual T&C scheme applicable to you and your team whilst identifying further areas for development
- Developing and maintaining effective and valuable relationships with insurers for the benefit of the company and its clients.
- Complying with the administration requirement of any given insurer.
- Assimilating all company literature circulated by the firm or its agencies
- Prioritising all client communication and ensuring it is actioned in a timely way and in accordance with Company procedures.
- Maintaining all files in accordance with Company standards (which should be fully compliant with FCA).
It is essential that, as the successful Claims Manager, you will have a CII qualification to Certificate in Insurance and infinitely ideal if you are working towards CII professional qualification - Diploma in Insurance. You will be able to demonstrate effective sales and negotiation skills and have varied technical experience.
Experience of dealing with complex claims is essential, in particular Liability, Business Interruption, Property and Motor, if you have experience in Professional Indemnity you will certainly stand out from the crowd.
If you are looking for a career with a professional organisation as opposed to 'just a job’ then please click on the link for Claims Manager and apply ASAP.