Junior Accounts Assistant - Banbury. £16,000 - £20,000.
Our highly respected client is looking to take on an Accounts Assistant who has at least one year’s experience in accounts and is starting on, or working towards, a qualification in AAT.
It's a small team in the office but you will have interaction with the whole organisation.
- Obtaining approval of invoices from heads of departments on a timely basis.
- Petty Cash.
- Process invoices, reconciling delivery notes to invoices received and purchase orders.
- Set up new supplier accounts and maintain existing account details within the purchase ledger.
- Monthly reconciliation of supplier statements.
- Analysis and posting of monthly company credit cards.
- Project costing of invoices.
- To work alongside Credit Controller - reconciling tills/invoices/credit card takings, credit control.
- Maintaining accounting controls.
- General assistance with telephones, enquiries and queries.
- Prepare bank deposits and general ledger postings.
- Archiving for all departments when required.
- Provide accounting and clerical support to the accounts department.
- Assist the accounts manager and the finance director with any other duties required.
- All activities are to be carried out with a clear commercial objective
- General duties as required by the company.
- To deal with customers, colleagues and visitors in a helpful and friendly way.
- Enjoy your job!
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be self-disciplined.
- Have good team working skills.
- Have the ability to work to monthly deadlines and can assist with the smooth running of the accounts department in this growing business.
The working hours are 7.30am to 4.30pm.
Due to the remote location, it would be an advantage to have a car.