Maintenance Technician / Engineer
My client are a large multi-site food business with, servicing several thousand customers across the UK.
They are currently seeking a maintenance technician / engineers to be work from their head office and principal beverage processing facility in West London.
The successful candidates will be required to possess a proactive approach towards the maintenance, repair and improvement of equipment, in order to support the larger objective of fulfilling the daily production plan and achieving maximum plant performance through smooth and continuous operation.
- To attend to mechanical & electrical breakdowns efficiently with minimal disruption to production.
- To assess & identify severity of faults & liaise with relevant managers as to corrective action plan timescales.
- Working with machine operators to resolve ongoing problems.
- To perform regular inspections as per preventative maintenance program.
- To manage stock of spare parts & report to Manager/Supervisor for purchasing requirements.
- To investigate any reported problems from key production & process staff.
- General responsibility of in-house building maintenance including electrical.
- Assisting contractors on site ensuring all procedures are adhered too.
- Establish relationship with current contractors.
- Investigate and prevention of equipment failures
- Training other members on new equipment
- Preparation of training documents for future members
- Co-ordinating and supporting during commissioning of major projects
- Periodic servicing of machinery
- Modification and adaption of machinery for efficiency
- A basic understanding of project management
- Good understanding of HSEQ standards and practices
- Multi-Skilled Engineers (electrical, automation and mechanical skills) preferably with experience in the FMCG, Food or Beverage sectors.
- You will be Degree / HNC or Apprentice trained with the ability to fault find and interrogate automation systems
- Excellent time management skills and will be able to make quick decisions, resolve issues and implement corrective actions.
- Good knowledge and understanding of health and safety requirements and the drive and ambition to develop and improve site performance standards