We are a Bradford based recruitment agency and we are extremely pleased to be working with our client who specialise in Yarn and all things knitted. Due to business growth they are seeking a confident, expert in Sales who understands the business development process, is target driven and isn't afraid of picking up the phone!
They are focused on providing excellent customer service and premium quality yarn at the best possible prices. Unlike many of their rivals, they are only a small, close knit team, everyone gets involved in all aspects of the business, from choosing new yarns, to packing boxes in the warehouse!
About the role: You will be identifying and initiating contact with potential and existing customers to sell the companies own products primarily by telephone. This is a great opportunity if you are looking to make a big impact in a expanding business who will give you product training and will support you from the start.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To follow up sales leads generated by marketing activities via telephone and social media sights for example, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube, Flickr
- To identify potential customers and follow up to achieve new sales and where appropriate to arrange appointments
- To initiate regular and systematic telephone follow up of customers and maintain records using a CRM system
- To produce accurate written quotations and product summaries for customers
- To attend and participate in outside events, e.g. exhibitions, demonstrations and workshops on occasions, (this may involve foreign travel)
- To provide direct support to the Company Directors, Customer Services Executive and Warehouse Manager on specific projects
- To undertake other duties which may be necessary to ensure the effective operation of the company and which are commensurate with the grade of the post
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Proven, successful sales experience
- Able to work under pressure to achieve sales targets
- Have commercial and competitor awareness i.e. industry trends and market activities
- Has drive and willingness to make sales calls to new and existing customers'
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other software relating to sales and marketing
- Interested in and/or enthusiasm to learn about hand knitting products
- Driving license is desirable
- On occasions, willing to travel and spend time away from home
This is a full time permanent position with a competitive salary of £22,000k - £25,000k with a view to put in place a bonus scheme. You will be working Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm, however this is flexible.
If you would like further details on the position, please feel free to contact Sophie Webster at Headway Recruitment. Headway Recruitment are acting as an employment business / agency on behalf of the client and have been requested to carry out checks on all suitable candidates as to their eligibility to work in the UK.