Level 2/3 Play worker
We are recruiting for a level 2/3 Play worker to work in a 5-18 year old children's activity based setting. The aim of this role is to provide a fun, supportive, caring and warm environment. To broaden every child?s range of experience through play, recreation and skill development. Help children share experiences and feelings when needed, both in relation to their circumstances and in general. Enhance children?s self esteem and confidence through their experience at the centre.
- To develop specific area and devise structured activities which are enjoyable to the children guided by the activities co-ordinator
- Encourage the children the children to give their ideas and input into the week's proposed activities and also encourage them to give feedback
- To have the flexibility of attitude, as needs can change and it may be necessary to respond to a given situation and undertake a different activity.
The ideal idea candidate will:
- Have excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience of work with children ideally level 2 and/or above
- Understand the needs of children who have a disability or come from a disadvantaged background
- Ability to plan activities
- Ability to work as part of a close team
- Ability to work 5 days per week.
If you are interested in this role please contact our branch asap