A Commercial Law Firm renowned for its work both domestically and globally . This outstanding company has a fully integrated team creating a great working atmosphere. There is exceptional ongoing training and a generous benefits package.
Outline of role
The Assistant Accountant role is based in our Cardiff office reporting into the Finance Manager, based in the same location, and will include periodic travel to the Firm’s London office. The role is intended to provide varied support to the central finance team with a primary focus on transaction posting, cash flow management, internal reporting, and systems development activity.
- Demonstrable accounting experience in a similar role;
- Excellent attention to detail and a consistently high level of accuracy;
- Strong technical skills including advanced Excel and experience of practice management systems or other accounting software packages;
- An understanding of VAT recovery processes is desirable;
- Experience of finance systems support or reporting development (e.g. SQL) is desirable but not essential;
- The ability to manage their own time, organise and take responsibility for their work, and deal with queries efficiently and promptly;
- The ability to build relationships with partners and key stakeholders across the firm;
- The knowledge and desire to identify and implement improvements to processes and procedures;
- Strong communication and influencing skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation;
- The ability to appreciate organisational objectives, working with the rest of the team and supporting others as required to achieve these; and
- An enthusiastic and flexible approach with a 'can do’ attitude.
Day to day duties
- Assisting with the firm’s accounts payable (AP) and expenses payment processes, and processing of UK and foreign payments including ensuring that the appropriate VAT treatment is applied to these transactions;
- Cash flow management including reporting of daily balances, funding overseas accounts and cash flow forecasting;
- Providing support to the management accounts reporting process, identifying areas requiring prepayments and accruals and undertaking balance sheet reconciliations;
- Assisting with the firm’s external financial reporting, audit and regulatory returns;
- Involvement in setting up users on the Firm’s practice management and time recording systems and extraction of system data for further analysis;
- Providing support to the finance systems team including report development, data uploads and project support as needed;
- Preparation of property service charge workings, and requests for payments in respect of these;
- Ad-hoc support to the central finance team as required.
Please email your up to date CV stating your current salary, notice period & salary sought
Our aim is to respond to all successful applications within 5 days. If you haven't been contacted
within 5 days your application has been unsuccessful and your details will not be held further but we
positively encourage you to apply for any other positions that you may see in the future.
We apologise that we cannot contact everybody in person but thank you in advance for you
Adept Recruitment Ltd encourages applications from individuals of all ages & backgrounds.
Appointment will be made on merit alone but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability
to work in the UK. Adept Recruitment Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment
& an employment business for temporary recruitment as defined by the Conduct of Employment
Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003.
Adept Recruitment is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its