My client, a manufacturing company based in Basingstoke, are seeking a Junior Buyer / Purchaser to join their growing team.
This role requires 1 years experience within a purchasing role, ideally within a manufacturing / electronics environment.
This role will assist the purchasing / procurement manager to control and purchase goods on time and within budget, along with working to reduce costs within the business.
This role would be ideal for someone within their early buying / purchasing career, seeking a role to allow them to gain further experience liaising with all areas of a business to assist in cost reductions and business operations.
Role - Junior Buyer
Salary - £20,000 - £22,000 (possibly flexible)
Location - Basingstoke
Key Responsibilities for the Junior Buyer -
- Prepare material costing/quotations in line with customer requirements using a variety of software tools.
- Monitor and improve Key Performance Indicators as required.
- Working with production and kitting team to ensure materials are available in full on time to meet production schedules.
- Control and purchase consumable items as required.
- Identify second source and alternative parts to avoid product obsolescence and create cost down activities.
Key skills/experience required for the position of Junior Buyer -
- 1-2 years experience within a purchasing environment, ideally within manufacturing/electronics
- IT Literate
- Strong communication skills
- Romanian speaking preferable
If you hold all of the above skills and are seeking a new opportunity, please apply below.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK