PR and Social Media Manager
PR and Social Media Manager
Brand new opportunity for a very prestigious organisation to develop and implement the PR and social media strategy. As well as developing the strategy you’ll have a hands- on role writing press releases, liaising with journalists while continuously considering the organisations brand strategy and message. The role will be working in a busy marketing team, reporting into the Marketing Director.
- Annually contribute to the PR and Social Media Strategy reflecting therequirements of the brand and lead generation strategies
- Manage the implementation of the PR and Social Media Strategy
- Provide regular reports to the Marketing Director
- Work closely with the department to deliver key messages and language guidelines within the overall Brand Strategy.
- Take responsibility for the Language Guidelines, their communication (internally and externally) and manage changes
- Contribute to the brand workshops
- Work with a Research Analyst to monitor delivery of the key messages.
- Prepare press releases to support the Brand and lead generation strategies.
- Agree key messages with the Marketing Director
- Monitor press cuttings and ensure licences are in place.
- Keep an up-to-date database of press contacts and from time to time meeteditors and key journalists.
- Create an on-line newsroom.
- Be responsible for Editors’ Notes on press communications.
- Be responsible for all social media, including controls, messaging and brand.
- Co-ordinate and edit articles for internal newsletters and the placement ofarticles externally and on-line.
- Prior experience in a PR position either agency or in house (ideally 5 years)
- A CIPR qualification
- Be able to demonstrate excellent journalistic skills
- Have good photographic and video editing skills, to include re-sizingphotographs and editing videos for uploading onto the website andother social media platforms
- Have excellent communication and presentation skills
- Have the enthusiasm and discipline to work under pressure, to deadlines,within a small marketing team.
- Excellent salary of £25,000 to £27,000 depending on experience
- Free parking
- 20 days holiday plus bank holiday increasing to 30
How to Apply
If you believe that you have the skills and experience for the role - then please get in touch. We also offer a referral scheme for any candidates whose details are passed to us that we successfully place. If you have any further questions then please contact Becky Lloyd at Yolk Recruitment.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.*