Interim Financial Controller
Our exclusive client, a well-established, large service provider in the Warrington area is looking to recruit an Interim Group Financial Controller to join their business for a minimum period of 12 months.
Reporting to the Group Finance Director, the Group Financial Controller will be responsible for the company’s group accounts including budgeting and statutory reporting.
Main Responsibilities and duties will include;
- Overall responsibility for the Financial Reporting department, including managing a team of 7 Qualified and Part-Qualified Accountants
- Ensuring the timely production of divisional management accounts by the accounts team
- Reviewing divisional management accounts including any P&L budget variance discrepancies
- Reviewing and ensuring balance sheet controls are fully reconciled by the accounts team and dealing with any discrepancies
- Production of consolidated group management accounts packs for internal Directors/Senior Management
- Production of consolidated group management accounts packs for external bank lenders in compliance with the Facilities Agreement including KPI analysis, profit & loss reporting, balance sheet reconciliations, cash flow analysis, working capital reporting, covenant testing
- Managing the group cash flow forecast on a weekly basis, production of group weekly P&L forecasts
- Production of internal annual Budgets for directors/senior management including P&L and capital spend
- Reviewing year end audit files ensuring TB’s are fully reconciled in advance of year end audit
- Working closely with the external auditors to ensure a smooth year end process
- Production of statutory accounts for UK business and subsidiaries
- Responsible for rolling accounting system for year end after all audit adjustments have been processed
- Online bank payment authorisations
- Any other ad-hoc requirements as requested by the Group Finance Director.
- A recognised accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA).
- Relevant management experience within a larger organisation
- Strong technical accounting background with consolidation experience
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel. Excellent communication, administrative, and organisational skills are required.
As far as interim contracts go, this business has one of the friendliest working environments I have had the pleasure of working with. The successful candidate will receive full support from a "hands on" Finance Director and is guaranteed to enjoy their 12 month stay.