Senior PR Executive
JOB TITLE: Senior PR Executive
REPORTS TO: Head of PR
- Responsible for the day-to-day communications and promotion surrounding the UK's premier race series BCS
- Manage, develop and implement an integrated PR campaign for British Champions Series and Day which further establishes the finale as one of the world's best race days
- Develop a proactive news schedule for the Series and Day in order to secure quality coverage for both, and produce a range of media assets such as media packs and profiles to support media reporting
- Responsible for running a series of press events including mornings on the gallops and trips to Series-stars' stables (including those overseas); the Champions Day five day entries live-stream event and press party
- Work closely with the digital team to produce shareable digital assets and to ensure that all activity is aligned
- Act as Champions Series representative on course throughout the summer, including essential attendance at race meetings over the weekends
- Manage the on-the-day press office function at Champions Day and throughout the year respond to media enquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Oversee the production of the Champions Day racecard, working with designers, contributors and printers
- Monitor and report on the success of promotional activities and review and develop initiatives as required.
- Proactively research, develop and implement PR campaigns and ideas in line with the promotional strategy.
- Contribute to the Champions Day review process and assist in the development of the forthcoming strategy
- Liaise with and promote British Champions Series and Day amongst key stakeholder groups including Horsemen; Professional Jockeys' Association, National Trainers Federation and racecourses.
- Liaise with Champions Series racecourses to develop complementary activity
As the needs of the business change rapidly this role will change accordingly, therefore this document should be viewed as guidelines which are subject to change.
- A relevant degree or post graduate qualification is desirable
- Significant proven experience in all key areas of responsibility and within a sports environment.
- A good knowledge of racing is essential
PARTICULAR SKILLS REQUIRED
- A successful track record of devising, implementing and project managing PR campaigns
- Meticulous attention to detail and excellent written skills
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritise, to deliver results to tight deadlines
- Strong media contacts with ability to brief and respond to enquiries together with a keen news sense
- Shows evidence of pro-activity and personal initiative.
- Strong racing industry contacts with the ability to command the respect of stakeholders including trainers, racecourse personnel and the media
- Creative thinking and the ability to come up with engaging and news worthy campaign ideas
- Willingness to work weekends during the summer
For more info or for a discreet chat, please get in touch through
We regret that due to current volumes, we are unable to acknowledge every application. All successful candidates will be contacted as soon as possible. If you are contacted, please note that, as part of the registration process, you will be required to provide us with proof of identity and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Betting Appointments, part of the St George's Recruitment Group, is acting as an employment agency in regard to this vacancy. We specialise in finding great jobs for great people; our consultants handle a wide range of roles within the betting and gaming industry. If you're looking for a fresh approach to betting and gaming recruitment, please contact us now.