Finance Hub Manager
We are currently looking to recruit a Finance Hub Manager to oversee a team of up 15 individuals at our central office in Salford. The Data Centre central office is close to Media City with great access to public transport and free on-site parking.
In this new role you’ll manage the trading, payroll and purchase order process through a centralised process function for Healthcare sites, maintaining a robust internal control environment ensuring the integrity of site trading. You’ll ensure the administration of the contracts run smoothly, producing high quality accurate work and meeting deadlines, whilst providing an efficient and effective finance administrative support service to the business at all times.
We are looking for someone who is a strong team player, is proactive in looking for ways of improving standard operating procedures and has experience in leading a team.
Sodexo Healthcare is a leading provider of services to the NHS and private healthcare organisations in England. We provide quality of life services that improve patient and staff experience, raise standards and deliver financial benefits to our clients. We help to enhance the patient environment (including patient dining, cleaning/housekeeping, and retail services), provide clinical support (equipment sterilisation) and manage technical estates teams (estates management, asset management, land maintenance and energy management).Package description
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.
Required to work weekends at period end, in line with the financial calendar
Global grade I2Main responsibilities
- On-going review of the Finance Hub and identification of areas of improvement, which are subsequently actioned
- Manage and develop the team, to deliver timely and accurate transactional processing, payroll services and creation of purchase orders, whilst ensuring compliance for area of responsibility
- Ensure that the company’s reporting timetable is met and all appropriate policies for stocks and cash are complied with, carrying out regular audit checks of departments
- Adopt a continuous improvement approach, keeping up-to-date with changes in policy, procedure and legislation, and revisiting key policies regularly to ensure the department is up to date on Finance practices
- Support the administration team in all daily tasks, providing support and training opportunities through regular 1-2-1 discussion
- Seek continuous feedback from sites and work in partnership with Finance, HR and Operational Teams to ensure best practice and procedural compliance is maintained
- Excellent time management and organisational skills to deliver effective Finance department service in a demanding environment with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to relate to all levels within the business
- Ability to develop a team and to work as part of a team
- Pro-active approach to compliance and a can do attitude
- Systems Experience (SAP, Excel, Word)
- Experience of working in a busy finance function
- Recent experience of SAP MM or other finance systems (Sage, Oracle)
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying ;for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Finance Hub Manager, Finance, Manager, Team, Healthcare