Assistant Facilities Maintenance and Accommodation Manager
Job Title: Part Time Assistant Facilities Maintenance & Accommodation Manager
Location: Moss Court & City Edge
Direct Reports: City Manager
Reports To: City Manager
Please Note this role is Part Time for 18.75 hours per week
Key Purpose of the role
CRM Students is the UK's leading independent manager of student accommodation with multiple sites throughout the UK and also manages residential facilities for corporate clients.
The role is varied and demanding and we will reward you with an excellent package and plenty of job satisfaction. Responsible for the Facilities and Maintenance (including control of mail) of entire scheme, it is the role of the Assistant Facilities, Maintenance & Accommodation Manager to ensure that our residents receive the best experience possible whilst living with us. It is a critical role for the success of this student development. CRM Students Limited promote a caring and involved relationship with our student customers. We provide a warm, welcoming and exciting place to live. The successful applicant must enjoy developing a professional but personal relationship with our student customer, parents, University's Accommodation Officers and our Clients.
The varied role involves:
Ensuring a warm, welcoming environment to students, parent and visitors to the sites
* Responding and completing to tenant queries and maintenance issues throughout the year
* Ensuring the sites are safe environments in which to live and work.
* Ensure the buildings are maintained to a high standard, that statutory testing is carried out and that the requirements of health and safety legislation are met.
* Ensure that the communal areas and landscaping are clean and in good condition.
* Control the secure collection, sorting and distribution of mail.
* Undertaking regular inspections of flats
* Undertaking routine daily/weekly safety inspections and updating the web based Safety and Facilities Management system
* Establishing and developing working relationships with suppliers and contractors
* Supporting the site team
* Being part of the out of hours rota for emergencies
* Supporting the management of the site in compliance with ANUK/UUK National Code of standards
* Working with University accommodation team delivering a quality service
* Active liaison with University staff including attending regular meetings with relevant
* General support to the City Manager and job cover in his/her absence.
* Dealing with and responding to tenant queries and maintenance issues throughout the academic year.
* Working with the City Manager to ensure the sites are safe environments in which to live and work.
* Assisting with the marketing, lettings and promotion of the accommodation
* You may be required to undertake other duties from time to time as the company may reasonably require.
Skills & Attributes/ Personal Characteristics:
* Experienced in building management.
* Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
* Good level of computer literacy using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
* Excellent communication skills displaying sensitivities to and understanding student needs
* The ability to organise and meet deadlines and targets
* Experience in facilities management or property management or hospitality sectors
* Must be pro-active and able to use initiative in order to make the site the best available
* Access to a car to enable travel between sites
This job description list is not exhaustive and may alter in light of the changing needs of our clients. You may be required to undertake other duties from time to time as the company may reasonably require.
Closing Date: 12th May 2017