Sellick Partnership has been engaged to recruit a permanent Senior Accountant for a fast growing and acquisitive private equity backed business that is the UK market leader in its industry. My client is looking for an enthusiastic individual to join their dynamic and growing Finance team.
Reporting in to the Head of Finance this role is to provide relevant, accurate and succinct financial information required to understand the underlying performance of the business and advise managers on the financial implications of key decisions.
General duties include:-
- End to end production and full ownership of the Management Accounts for a group subsidiary business and production for these in line with month end timetable
- Responsibility for the accurate representations of the nominal ledger
- Ensure the preparation and execution of all pre-payments and accruals are accurate and reflect the period in which they relate
- Take collective responsibility by working cross functionally across the business to partner senior managers in making the right decision based on financial information
- Overall responsibility of the collation and maintenance of the fixed assets records
- Responsible for the collation and preparation of the audit files, and liaise with company auditors to deliver an efficient audit process
- Complete balance sheet reconciliations including providing positive and negative variance analysis in order for finance leadership to understand the key movements in the month
- Take ownership of the finance system (Sage Line 50) including closing periods, yearend and nominal ledger maintenance
- Responsible for the completion of statutory reporting
- Supporting the other team members within the finance function where required and assist in any in ad-hoc projects
The successful applicant will be a qualified accountant (ACA or ACCA or CIMA) coupled with strong academics and as this is a broad all-encompassing end to end role you will need to come from a similar position within industry.
This role requires an ambitious proactive individual who has eexcellent technical accounting knowledge with strong interpersonal, communication, numerical and analytical skills.
You will have the ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external finance/non finance stakeholders. You will be highly IT literate, especially with SAGE line 50 and Excel and have accuracy and attention to detail.
If you consider yourself to be a committed, career driven professional who can demonstrate the above experience and who would welcome the stimulus of this finance post then we would be pleased to hear from you.
If you would like to apply for this role or would like to find out more, please apply online or contact Jonathan Moss at Sellick Partnership on .
Sellick Partnership is a market leader in financial recruitment operating across the UK. Over the last ten years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers, and our expert team of consultants boast up to date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.