Legal Accounts Assistant
Adele Carr Financial Recruitment is a specialist Accountancy Recruiter to the North West Market.
Legal Accounts Assistant 6 month FTC £18-20k
My client is a leading and award-winning international commercial law firm with offices in Liverpool, Manchester, London, Piraeus, Singapore, Monaco and Hong Kong. With more than 1300 people including 180 partners, the firm delivers advice and strategic guidance spanning the full legal spectrum, from non-contentious advisory and transactional work, to all forms of commercial litigation.
Brief Job description
- Book-keeping, batch posting and processing of financial sterling and currency transactions, including general office and client transactions in accordance with practice procedures.
- Client Matter Transaction processing including office and client cheque requests/banking/Office/Client Direct Credit/Counsel and Expert Ledger postings/Same Day and International payment processing, including accounts maintenance.
- Assisting the office, client and operation functions as and when required and in accordance with office procedures and regulatory compliance
- Assisting the International Offices with any finance support required to include client matter transaction and bill processing and bank reconciliations when required
- Bill checking and processing to assist Office and Client matter management, general finance and legal enquiries
- Dealing with general enquiries to aid the Finance Operations section and general Finance Department.
- Assisting the Finance management, and Team leaders with routine accounts duties as and when required
- Assist with accounts maintenance client residual balance and cleardown projects that may include leaver audit administration and accounts database maintenance.
- Assist with accounts maintenance and disbursement editing for matter management
- Bank reconciliation and overaged items assistance as and when required
- As appropriate, assist with clerical accounts duties and accounts administration
- Must have a legal cashier background and some experience
- Ability to work well under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Must have excellent telephone and communication skills
- Be able to operate in a busy environment and with legal teams
- Must have the ability to develop and maintain excellent client working relationships
- Must work to a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Flexibility in approach and a willingness to work outside normal office hours, if required
- Excellent SRA knowledge and understanding
- Proactive approach
All successful candidates will be subject to standard pre-employment screening, including a basic criminal record check via Disclosure Scotland. Any offer of employment made is conditional upon completion of all checks.
For further information on this or any of our vacancies, please call the Liverpool office today for a confidential discussion or alternatively forward your CV and cover letter.
Due to the high level of interest we receive for each of our roles we cannot guarantee a response to each individual application. Therefore if you do not hear back from one of our consultants you have unfortunately not been short-listed for this role.
Please do continue to check our website for other roles which may be of interest to you and follow us on @AdeleCarrFinRec