Site Project Engineer
BS4452: Site Project Engineer
Salary: circa £37,000
Location: Southampton, Hampshire
Job Type: Permanent
Benefits: Car, Overtime, Allowances, Pension, Private healthcare
The world’s largest manufacturer of high-technology cables and systems for energy and telecommunications is now looking for a Site Project Engineer to work in the South of England area. Reporting to the Area Manager for the region the Site Project Engineer will be responsible for supervising a range of HV cable installation activities on installation projects and maintenance services throughout the UK.
This role would suit ex-military candidates and applications from ex-service personnel are strongly encouraged.
- Ensuring that all work is carried out safely, competently and effectively achieving scope, programme and budget.
- Identifying and promoting commercial opportunities.
- Actively monitoring civil engineering activities and Company installation staff allocated to the site in order to efficiently complete projects.
- Reviewing and monitoring projects using MS Project.
- Liaison between head office, customer, sub-contractors and site based employees.
- Ensuring compliance to safety, environmental, quality and security procedures. Promote a culture of safety, quality and environmental best practice at all times by means of effective communication and site audits.
- Requisition and control project materials.
- Liaise internally and externally to ensure all targets and key milestones are met and ensure all works are carried out to company procedure.
Key Qualifications and Experience
- Preferable, but not essential depending on experience, an HND or degree in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Several years’ experience within a construction and/or electricity industry type environment, with a good understanding of HV cable systems and construction/civil engineering matters.
- A knowledge of National grid processes would be extremely advantageous.
- A high level of computer literacy.
- Proven people management skills and an ability to work unsupervised.
- Ability to prioritise workload to meet deadlines.
- A driving licence is essential
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted. Please state your salary expectations.