Working within the New Lending Team to ensure effective processing of all mortgage applications, through effective management of an underwriting team. Enhancing our service throughout the customer journey, by developing successful relationships with brokers and advisors and by identifying and implementing operational efficiencies processes to improve our service. Ensuring all financial, quality, regulatory, responsible lending and service requirements are maintained through effective daily oversight.
- Lead, manage and motivate the team to ensure SLA’s & KPI’s are achieved
- Underwrite and decision mortgage applications ensuring exceptional customer service
- Complying with all regulatory and conduct risk in adherence to lending policy
- Accountable for first line defence and discharge via 3rd parties
- Maintain an up to date working knowledge of our products and policies
- Assist in implementing changes in line with our risk appetite
- Maintain skills and knowledge of Regulations and Legislation
- Consider mortgage applications outside standard lending policy
- Deliver operational effectiveness within the business area, achieving targets and objectives
- Interaction with both internal and external customers on mortgage lending decisions
- Deliver a unified approach of clear explanation and robust documentation rational
- Sharing detailed information to support a positive customer experience
- Provide underwriting knowledge for the team with regard to Lending Policy & Procedures
- Act as a point of expertise to the team, advising on technical, product, policy, procedural and intermediary issues
- Ensure that all complaints are handled in accordance with procedures
- Ensure responsibilities regarding Treating Customers Fairly, the Prevention of Financial Crime (including AML, identification and reporting of fraud) and responsible lending are carried out effectively and in accordance with the Company’s policies
- Support the change environment including the testing lifecycle and system development
- Demonstrate and embed an understanding of and commitment to the company’s strategy, culture and values
- Deliver effective performance management across the whole team to include documented 121’s & team meetings on a monthly basis
- Development of the team by motivating and building skill sets through coaching, mentoring training & effective development plans to drive results, support retention & identify succession planning.
- Proactively identify, manage and support departmental improvement & change to reduce processing times, improve service while ensuring quality of decision making while working with Key Stakeholders.
- Support the team needing higher mandate approval and underwriting when required
Knowledge and Experience:
- Extensive experience of mortgage underwriting, the mortgage intermediary market, its products, marketing approach and processes
- Significant manual residential/BTL mortgage underwriting experience and held a significant lending mandate recently
- Regulation / Legislation Awareness - Knowledge of the Regulated Financial Services environment
- Proven track record of effective team working and role-models the team ethos and leadership capability
- CeMap qualified or industry equivalent - desirable but not essential
- Proficient in MS Office, credit risk decision systems
Leadership Skills and Personal Qualities:
- Excellent people, influencing and communication skills
- Confident in challenging others, whilst at the same time maintaining and building a professional relationship
- Able to work under own initiative and to proactively initiate process enhancements
- Ability to analyse and interpret data, business requirements and regulatory guidelines
- Able to communicate in a constructive, friendly and positive manner that demonstrates respect and sets an example to all.
- Personal resilience and drive to succeed.
- An ability to work with ambiguity
- Based in Staines
- Circa £50,000 (Depending on experience)
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Childcare vouchers
- Annual bonus
- Monday - Friday, 08:30 - 17:30
Please note; Due to the large number of applications that we receive, if you have not had a response within 7 days, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Follow us on Twitter or join our Facebook community by clicking 'Like’ on our Optima Recruitment Ltd page. Be the first to see our jobs as well as useful information about the job market, CVs and interviews.
Optima Recruitment acts as both an 'Employment Agency’ & 'Employment Business’ providing recruitment services throughout Surrey.