Job Title - Estimator
Sector - Build
Salary - £35k - £48k
Location - Leeds
Start Date - ASAP
Why are they advertising?
Due to their current Estimator leaving later this year our client is now looking to bring someone on.
A family owned Limited Construction Company established in 19centrey
Client list includes; NHS, Local Authorities & Academies/High Education and various Blue Chip Clients in the Yorkshire region.
They rely heavily on repeat business, so the ability to perform time and again to their client's high standards is a must.
We are a seeking an enthusiastic candidate to join our proactive team in the Leeds based office to procure & deliver quality contracts to the value of £1million.
The role will involve working closely with other members of our small team where flexibility is essential.
- Preparing and submitting estimates
- Tenders for jobs varying from £100 - £1.5million
- Preparing sub-contact & material order
- Processing interim applications & variations
- Final accounts
A degree level qualification is preferred but not essential. The successful candidate shall report direct to the Contracts Manager, and have commercial responsibility of projects.
Experience in Build/Commercial Build/Education Sector/Public Sector is Ideal.
You will also be expected to have:
- Estimating and planning experience
- Knowledge of raw materials, quality control, scheduling and costs.
- Knowledge of the construction industry
- Strong numerical/IT skills.
- Excellent verbal/English skills.
- Good IT knowledge, including the use of Excel.
- Ability to work as an individual, and be a 'team' player.
- Good knowledge of construction methods, and materials.
- Ability to organise, and time manage.
This is a great opportunity for a lifelong job in a Family run and owned business.
For more information call me Samuel Goulden on for a confidential chat between the hours of 7.30AM - 7.30PM or just click 'Apply Now' and send your CV.