Hire Controller/ Workshop Technician
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic individual who is keen to grow and develop with the company in the role of Hire controller/ Technician.
Summary of Role
You will be responsible for ensuring the Depot operates efficiently and provides outstanding customer service. The role will require the daily running of the office, and also doing the basic calibrations in the workshop.
Ensuring all paperwork is done to the correct standard, answer and process all phone calls.
The role involves ensuring the timely progress of jobs in the workshop, controlling the usage of consumable materials, ensuring jobs are completed in an effective manner, maintaining a high productivity output and guaranteeing that all work carried out complies with manufacturer and industry health and safety guidelines.
You will be required to:
- Calibrate hire fleet equipment and make available for the next hire.
- Perform tasks efficiently and with minimal supervision.
- Answer all phone calls coming into the Depot
- Carry out inspection work of confined space access equipment.
- Complete service worksheets and all relevant paperwork.
- Work within required timescales.
- Work within a small team and also independently.
- Maintain stocks and appropriate records.
- Prepare/pick orders for customer collection and company deliveries.
- Plan and prioritise own work activities.
- Maintain a safe working workshop environment.
- Communicate effectively with all team members, depots, customers and outside suppliers.
- Strong "can do" attitude
- An organised approach to work load
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good team player
- Willing to take ownership with accountability
- Work well under pressure
This is an excellent opportunity to join a go ahead company that are on an excellent expansion plan. You will need to be a good communicator both verbal and written and have a can do attitude.
We are only able to consider those applicants who are currently authorised to live and work in the UK