Our client, a leading specialist mortgage lender, focused on customers with complex incomes and situations, have an opportunity to join their team servicing clients who may require bespoke, personalised underwriting.
The Underwriter is responsible for underwriting mortgage /TOE/DOP applications in accordance with the Lending policy, TCF principles and FSA responsible lending best practice
- Underwrite mortgage applications in accordance with the lending policy, TCF and responsible lending principles.
- Recommend any cases outside mandate to the UTL /UTM and ensure all cases hold a robust documented rationale for the lending decision.
- To be responsible for all underwriting queries, resolution of issues and decisions in principle for new cases prior to processing by Operations.
- Ensure all correspondence including references and valuations are in line with lending policy and the appropriate mortgage product.
- Represent Operations in ongoing UAT.
- Act fairly and reasonably in line with TCF and responsible lending principles in all dealings with intermediaries, solicitors and valuers.
- Ensure that all KFIs (including porting cases) produced are accurate and compliant
- Develop colleague’s knowledge to ensure cover exists during holidays and sickness periods and ensure holiday cover is fully planned for.
- To comply with the Code of Business Ethics and ensure your responsibilities regarding the Prevention of Financial Crime (including money laundering, identification and reporting of fraud) are carried out effectively and in accordance with the Company’s internal policies.
- Proactively keep up to date with human resource policy, external legislation, funding constraints, product criteria and underwriting criteria changes to ensure prudent underwriting.
- Adhere to the service standards as agreed with the Operations team.
- Ensure that all complaints are handled in line with the Complaints Handling Procedures referring to the Underwriter Manager, CRM or HOR and service Quality Department when necessary.
- Identify improvements to performance and the process, working with managers and other areas of the business.
Person / Experience Required
- Regulatory Knowledge - MCOB Sections 5,6 & 11, TCF, DPA, AML, CIFAS, ICOB, DISP rules & FOS, CeMAP, CeRCC
- Ability to coach other team members and members of the Operations Team
- Experience in Prime and Specialist lending as an Underwriter holding a mandate of £250k minimum for a minimum of 5 years.
- Detailed understanding of the mortgage intermediary market and related FSA permissions.
- Detailed understanding of organised fraud and measures/systems in place to avoid it.
- Demonstrate a full understanding of TCF, Responsible lending and FSA thematic reviews.
Educated to at least GCSE level including Maths and English
Hours- Monday-Friday 9am- 5:30pm
Salary Offered- Up to £45k
Please note: As you can appreciate we are currently overwhelmed with applications of individuals looking for both short term and permanent work and we can therefore only contact those applications that have relevant skills for positions that we currently have available. Should you not hear from us within a week, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Source4 are an equal opportunities employer and complies with all relevant UK legislation. If you are successful in your application, you will be required to attend a full registration with one of our Consultants which will involve you providing a current passport, any relevant visas, a proof of address and completing relevant tests and a full competency based interview.