Trust and Legacy Executive
Trusts and Legacy Executive
Up to £29,907
Do you want to be part of a vibrant and dynamic team? St John’s Hospice is looking for a driven and experienced Trusts and Legacy Executive to assist in the retention of the existing portfolio of Trusts, Foundations and Major Donors, as well as helping to develop new ones.
Working as part of the fundraising team, you will support the Trusts and Foundations Manager in helping to implement successful fundraising strategies - aimed at engaging new donors as well as retaining and developing our existing portfolio.
Supported by the Hospital of St John and St Elizabeth and located in leafy St John’s Wood, St John’s Hospice is the only independent hospice in Central London and treats over 3,000 terminally ill patients and their families each year for free.
- To work closely with the Director of Fundraising and Trusts and Foundations Manager to help implement successful fundraising strategies for Trust, Foundation and individuals to increase funding received through successful applications, personal one-off donations, multi-year gifts and generating funds through relevant events.
- Work with fundraising colleagues to identify the needs and opportunities of the legacy pipeline
- To support the Director of Fundraising to efficiently and pro-actively deal with legacy administration, financial and database procedures and reporting
- Implementing retention strategies to retain existing donors/legators through effective account management and stewardship.
- To achieve agreed income targets through researching, identifying and applying to/ approaching existing and new Trusts, Foundations and Major Donors.
- To develop giving through a wide range of techniques and approaches, including effective research, high quality written applications and proposals, establishing peer to peer asking, and event invites.
- Working collaboratively with colleagues across the organisation to pull together relevant information to create compelling proposals and provide reports to funders
- To build and encourage long term relationship building through site visits, regular updates and appeals.
Why work for us?
At our organisation we are passionate about providing our employees with a supportive and engaging environment. As well as ongoing development and training, we offer our employees a wide range of benefits; from 27 days annual leave, generous private healthcare cover, contributory pension schemes - including continuation of the NHS pension, to providing short-term accommodation for new starters.
Working with us, all eligible employees receive;
- Competitive pay with progressive band structuring, as well as generous unsociable hours enhancements (if applicable)
- For employees joining us from the NHS, we can provide continuation of your NHS pension
- Contributory pension schemes to suit all pockets.
- Private healthcare cover of up to £20,000 per year
- 27 days annual leave, plus 8 bank holidays
- We can provide short-term accommodation for new starters
- Ongoing training and development programmes
- Discounts at local, national and online shops
- Interest-free season ticket loans
- Cycle to work loan scheme
- Employee "Service Excellence" recognition rewards
- Childcare vouchers
- £1,000 Refer a Friend scheme
If you are ready for a new challenge and relish the chance to become part of a successful, forward thinking organisation then we would love to hear from you.