We are currently recruiting for a Maintenance Engineer on behalf of our client in Bradford, BD21 area. The main objective of the post holder is to ensure the factory machinery and equipment runs smoothly and remains as efficient as possible during normal production hours. In addition, carry out preventative or emergency maintenance and ensure machinery and equipment in all other areas of the business are maintained to a high standard.
- designing maintenance strategies, procedures and methods;
- carrying out routine scheduled maintenance work and responding to equipment faults;
- diagnosing breakdown problems;
- fitting new parts and making sure equipment is working correctly;
- liaising with client departments, customers and other engineering and production colleagues;
- arranging specialist procurement of fixtures, fittings or components;
- controlling maintenance tools, stores and equipment;
- dealing with emergencies, unplanned problems and repairs;
- working within health and safety policies and procedures;
- working with specialist equipment which control machinery on factory assembly lines;
- creating maintenance strategies to help with installation and commissioning guidelines;
- ensuring there is continuous cover of the machinery and equipment in case of breakdowns.
- An understanding of engineering drawings and principles
- The ability to work quickly and under pressure
- The ability to manage a varied workload
- Good problem-solving skills
- The initiative to work on your own or as part of a team
- Good eyesight and normal colour vision
- Working in a safe and effective manner to maximise productivity whilst maintaining the company’s quality and health and safety ethos and practices
- Working effectively with all colleagues, suppliers, customers and anyone else associated with the business in a co-operative and positive manner
- Prompt time keeping (in consideration of company procedures) – liaising with Line-Manager regarding holidays and time off
- Good practical and technical skills
- Ability in maths, science and IT
- Excellent communication skills
- Full UK driving licence
- Attend internal and external training as necessary
- Literacy and numeracy, ICT skills (Word, Excel, Outlook & Priority)
- Qualified Company Health & Safety Training – ‘Working Safely’
- Adherence and compliance with company Quality, Health & Safety and Staff Handbook policies and procedures
Hours of work will be Mon-Thurs 08.00 am – 17.00pm, Fri 08.00am – 13.00pm. You may be required to work occasional overtime due to the nature of the work. The salary is £24,500 per annum, although movement on salary expectation could be discussed for the right candidate.
Please apply online today if you would like to be considered for this opportunity, or call Hayley on for further details.