Multi Skilled Engineer
Multi Skilled Engineer
£32,000 - £39,750
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Multi Skilled Engineer to work at their facility based near Leicester.
This role offers a fantastic opportunity for the successful candidate to secure a permanent role within an organisation which is forward thinking and ready to invest in its operation further to ensure that there is progression and a great environment to work in for their engineers.
The role is challenging and fast paced so experience in an FMCG or similar environment is essential in this position. Previous experience of working with both Mechanical and Electrical machinery is also essential as you will hold responsibility and accountability to ensure that key performance objectives are carried out. These include but not restricted to the below:
- To carry out planned predictive and re-active maintenance of machinery and equipment across site
- To carry out workshop duties such as machine repairs and component manufacture
- To re train in new methodology, technology and engineering techniques as the business needs arise
- Efficient diagnosis and correction of electrical and mechanical faults across site
- Installation and commissioning of all new and repaired machinery and equipment
- Machine performance improvements and reduction of downtime through your own ideas and input
- Produce and maintain documents relating to the administration of all engineering tasks
- You will be required to work to full health and safety standards as well as working efficiently without supervision.
- Electrical training and ability to prove competency in machine isolation and electrical safety. Safe panel entry to identify and reset faults
- Correct use of electrical test equipment. Experience of fault finding on AC/DC Motors, process and packaging machinery and their associated control systems, PEC registration systems, coils, micro-switches, etc
- Mechanical training and ability to prove competency in machine isolation and stored energy systems. Experience of fault finding on process and packaging machinery including compressed air, hot and cold systems, process pipework, gear boxes, chains, cams, rollers, bearings and bushes, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Steam generating plant and boiler maintenance, steam and condensate recovery systems
- Able to strip machines in full and reassemble them, as well as completing machine size change procedures and their adjustments
- Is able to demonstrate continuous progress and high achievement in compliance with audit standards (both internally and externally)
- Understand and have worked with pressure vessel systems
- Understand and appreciate the operation of main steam raising plants inc basic boiler house routines
We are currently recruiting for 2 shift patterns including days and continentals, this is a permanent role. This is a fantastic opportunity; please see below details on how to apply today!
Please send your CV and call Rikin Suchak at gap technical on for more information
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment business.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability or the job.
Closing date: 31/05/2017