Financial Services Administrator
Gale and Phillipson is a progressive firm of Independent Financial Advisers with a strong presence in both the North East and London with clients throughout the UK.
The Client Administration Team is responsible for the day to day administration of clients sourced by our team of Wealth Planning Advisers (WPAs) and Mortgage Advisers (MAs), and to support those individuals to enable them to provide financial advice to clients within compliant guidelines by the Regulator and the Company.
- To ensure that all meetings, enquiries and subsequent dealings with clients and other third parties are conducted in a professional manner and comply with the Company's procedures.
- In conjunction with the relevant adviser ensure that all cases for which you are responsible are set up immediately and monitored afterwards on a regular basis, and reviewed at least once per annum, where applicable.
- To deal promptly and efficiently with all cases in arrears and other problem cases.
- To provide promptly all reports required by your Manager or Compliance.
- To participate in all training sessions and all other meetings, when requested or required by the Company.
- To deal courteously and efficiently with any matters concerning introducers of business to the Company.
- To comply at all times with the Compliance and Training and Competence Procedures of the Company.
- To comply at all times with the requirements of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000, the Data Protection Act and Anti Money Laundering legislation.
- To understand and apply all aspects of the firm’s approach to Treating Customers Fairly.
- In the event of a complaint, to ensure that this is immediately reported to Compliance.
- To make your best efforts to assist Consultants achieve their targets for business production.
- To comply with all reasonable instructions and directions of your Manager.
- To ensure that all regulatory legislation relevant to the operation of the Company is adhered to.
- Action post in and out, sort, prioritise on receipt, scan and refer to appropriate adviser as and when applicable within acceptable time scales.
- Prioritise and action all activity entries allocated for your clients - taking into consideration all the work being undertaken for the clients allocated to you.
- Actively working and maintaining work in progress (WIP) instructions.
- Liaison with providers and clients, actioning and auditing all queries.
- Work within the guidelines set out in the Compliance Manual or other procedures or guidance given by Compliance.
- Ensuring files from storage are obtained, sorted, scanned, relevant information updated on the systems and archived in accordance with the Company’s procedures.
- Preparation for client meetings within agreed timescales following the Company’s procedures.
- Maintain current compliance documents and update records and request directly from client as and when applicable to proceed with recommendations.
- Action transfer to our agency/request for information only, requesting relevant plan information from confirmed departments within the set turnaround time of 5 working days.
- Updating full plan information on back office system, in preparation for analysis and research to satisfy any pre approval requirements.
- Obtain illustrations/projections as instructed via Exchange through Avelo or from providers directly. Requests for information from providers must be actively chased within turnaround times.
- Prepare any pre approval forms as and when required.
- Prepare recommendation illustrations and/or applications from instructions, liaising with advisers/paraplanners to ensure all accurate required paperwork is available for meetings/issue by post to client.
- Check all new business applications/cheques payable to relevant parties and process in a timely manner.
- At all times maintaining accurate computer records including all updates as set out in the relevant procedures.
- Production of accurate valuations for reviews and client/consultant specific requests, within the given timescales.
- Liaise as and when necessary with advisers and colleagues to expedite and action queries and missing information quickly and efficiently.
Key qualities and skills required:
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good organisational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure with excellent attention to detail.
- Confident using Microsoft Office products and the ability to learn new systems and processes.
- Good working knowledge / experience of financial services administration and related systems as they apply to both individuals and corporates.
- Knowledge of a wide range of financial products and services.
- Good track record in delivering customer satisfaction.
- Ability to build and develop effective working relationships.
Additional useful qualities and skills:
- Previous experience of Adviser Office an advantage.
- Working towards, or willingness to work towards, industry qualifications.
- £18,000 - £22,000 per annum plus bonus and benefits.