Are you a GRADUATE Buyer looking for a role which gives you a great platform to begin your purchasing career? Do you thrive in a fast paced, dynamic and ever changing environment? If so, we have a great role for you.
Our client is a leading technology company and a market leader within their industry. They are looking for a highly enthusiastic and dedicated Junior Buyer to join their purchasing function to assist with the day to day running of the department. The role will include raising purchases orders, carrying out ad hoc purchases, liaising and reporting to the Buyer as necessary, supporting with effective communication with suppliers, chasing deliveries and ensuring schedules are adhered too and general administrative duties.
The ideal candidate will have a logical approach to buying and a strong trading mentality. You will be a fast learner who can adapt quickly to change and keep up the pace in a fast-paced, high pressure environment. Ability to manage own workload and prioritise tasks accordingly is essential, a reactive and proactive approach.
Skills and Experience required:
• Common sense approach to buying
• Have a sound understanding of the purchasing function and what is involved day-today
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritise accordingly
• Excellent communication skills verbal, telephone and client facing
• Well organised and focused on attention to detail
• Commercially aware
• Ability to build strong working relationships both internally and externally
• Drive, determination and upbeat attitude.
• Experience of working in a purchasing function
• CIPS Qualified or working towards
• Interest in new technology/electronics.
This is a great opportunity for a confident, driven and enthusiastic individual looking to get a good grounding in their purchasing career. It offers the right candidate a chance to join a dynamic, fast paced and successful team in delivering cutting edge technology.
12 month temporary contract however may have the potential to become permanent for the right candidate.