Change Recruitment Group are currently recruiting for a Business Analyst supporting the wider finance function of this busy manufacturing business based in Glasgow.
You will be responsible for preparing financial analysis and reporting of anticipated and actual financial results for a business, function, region, or location. Provide support for the development and implementation of business plans through budgeting, forecasting, modeling and analysis of company financial information. Prepare capital financial analysis to support investment decisions as well as assist in capital reporting and monitoring. Communicates proactively with other departments to achieve organizational objectives.
Job Requirements (Principal Responsibilities)
Generates monthly management reports and design report formats for management reporting.
Updates quarterly scorecards and business/function CIP status. Track business metrics and performance.
· Gathers and interprets estimated and actual monthly results for the business, function, region, or location. Creates comparative profitability studies and analyses.
· Tracks business performance metrics that can be incorporated into reports summarizing target and actual financial performance outcomes. Prepares special analyses, such as those related to manufacturing, costing, and overheads. Participates in the implementation of new reporting systems.
· Analyzes business performance metrics and make recommendations for improvement opportunities, where appropriate. Assists in reviewing cash flow statements and forecasts with management.
· Participates in implementation of new reporting systems.
· Ensure that Sarbanes Oxley controls are embedded throughout the business and maintain compliance with relevant legislative and regulatory requirements. Assist in review of Sox requirements and self-assessments reviews.
Provides information to respond to ad-hoc business requests.
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills and Behaviors)
Knowledge of financial reporting and some technical accounting
Knowledge of financial modeling through spreadsheet analysis
Understanding of Standard Cost model
Experience of or good understanding of SOX requirements
Accuracy/Attention to detail
Proven ability to manage and develop budgets
Qualified Accountant (ICAS, CIMA, ACCA, ICAEW)