SALES EXECUTIVE - DREAM CHALLENGES
The role would suit somebody with sales experience in the travel industry. An excellent salesperson, the ideal candidate is proactive and enterprising with excellent communication skills. Experience in the charity sector would be a bonus.
Dream Challenges is part of Specialist Journeys - an entrepreneurial and fast-growing group of companies.The group is made up of seven distinct brands, each passionate about their service and all market leaders in their niche. Our expert-led holidays and challenges explore history, culture, archaeology, wine and adventure all over the world. Our Dream Challenges brand offers exciting charity challenge events in the UK and Worldwide. Examples of the itineraries we offer include the iconic London to Paris Bike Ride and the Mount Kilimanjaro Trek. We also organise a number of hugely popular UK challenges including Ride the Night and our famous Race the Sun series.
This is a new role for Dream Challenges - we are looking to employ a Sales Executive to develop relationships with our current customers, and help us find new ones! Working on the phone, by email and over social media channels you will be able to engage and enthuse people about of challenges and the charities we work with. A key part of the role is to help us increase conversion from enquiries we receive - making sure that people receive excellent and personal service when they contact Dream Challenges. You will also work closely with other members of the team to solicit new business from corporate and charity clients.
The successful applicant should be an energetic and enterprising person who has an interest in travel and adventure. The candidate should be computer-literate, well-organised and enjoys working with people. Experience in sales and/or in the travel industry would be highly desirable. Experience in the charity sector would be a bonus. You should be self-motivated but also target driven, have attention to detail, be used to prioritising workloads and taking responsibility. The ability to work well as both part of a team and as an individual is essential, as is a proactive approach to work. Experience of working with databases is preferred but not vital (training provided). Excellent written and spoken English is also essential as a large part of the position involves speaking to customers on the telephone or by email.
Initial and ongoing training and support will be provided to this role by the Head of Sales and Marketing and the existing team.
- Contact new and existing corporate customers by telephone to bring in new business, generate bookings for our current UK Team Challenges and build relationships.
- Contact new and existing charity clients by telephone and e-mail to bring in new business, generate bookings on our Open Challenges and build relationships.
- Contact previous Dream Challenges customers by telephone and e-mail to increase repeat bookings and continue to build relationships.
- Follow up on leads generated by other marketing activity.
- Keep accurate records of conversations and email contact with corporate, charity and existing customers.
- Meet weekly and monthly sales targets - there will be financial incentives set for each target.
- Occasionally represent Dream Challenges at trade exhibitions, and events (time in lieu out of office hours)
- At least 1 year working in a sales role. This could also be a fundraising role for a charity.
- Proven to be self-motivated, high-energy and target-driven.
- Engaging telephone manner, able to easily form relationships with customers and provide excellent service.
- Excellent written English and attention to detail.
- Experience of working with databases is preferred but not vital (training provided).
- Interests in travel, adventure, sports, fitness and/or charity all a bonus!
Hours of Work
Regular hours are 09.00 - 17.00 Monday - Friday (half an hour for lunch) = 37.5/week.
22 days per annum, plus bank holidays
£18,000 - £20,000 pa, depending on experience. Achievable OTE £25,000.