Senior Mechanical Engineer
Calibrate Engineering Recruitment (Part of the Brewster Pratap Recruitment Group) are delighted to be working with a major Sheffield based manufacturing business within the steel industry as they look to recruit a Senior Mechanical Engineer into the engineering department.
Reporting to the Chief Engineer, the role will involve:
- To ensure that mechanical engineering activities comply with internal and external Health, Safety and Environmental regulatory requirements, to ensure company policies and obligations are met, and harm to people avoided.
- To implement and control engineering safe working practices, including lock out, tag out, test out, to prevent accidents, failure and loss of production.
- To manage the mechanical engineering function, directing the activities of all personnel.
- To select, manage, appraise, motivate, and develop staff within their area of control, ideally meeting individual and business requirements.
- To set team and individual targets and objectives, to develop and improve engineering practices.
- To plan and manage engineering budgets and maintenance expenditure, to ensure performance and budgets are satisfied.
- To develop mechanical engineering and maintenance practices and apply engineering standards and best practices within the function.
- To lead and actively support continuous improvement groups (e.g. Manufacturing Excellence) to systematically improve performance and understand the root cause of failures.
- To consult and co-ordinate with other functions such as Electrical Engineering, Operations, Projects, contractors and suppliers.
- To negotiate key contracts with the Procurement function to maximise value and develop good working relationships
- To actively support the development and further implementation Plant Maintenance to develop planned maintenance and reduce reactive maintenance
To be considered for this position, the company are looking for:
- A mechanical engineering degree level or equivalent, and have previous management experience.
- Professional recognition as a Chartered Engineer, or be progressing towards this.
- Proven experience in a range of engineering and manufacturing operations with a strong mechanical engineering background.
- Proven ability to systematically solve problems through investigation and the application of sound theory and solutions.
- Excellent knowledge of Engineering Standards and Regulations.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal & written, including presentation skills
- Excellent organisation, team management and planning skills
- Excellent working knowledge of the company's H&S and environmental policies and plans
This is a fantastic role working for a market leading and well known business in Sheffield who can offer excellent career opportunities both in this country and across the world.
Calibrate Engineering Recruitment is a division of the Brewster Pratap Recruitment Group focusing on the recruitment of talent in engineering, technical and operations jobs in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of accountancy and finance recruitment we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at www.brewsterpratap.co.uk for more information on engineering Jobs, engineering recruitment, manufacturing Jobs or manufacturing Recruitment.