6 days left
- Full Time
Assistant Accountant job in North Staffordshire. Degree, AAT, CIMA / ACCA considered. Great Company & training
Your new company
Our client is recruiting for an Assistant Accountant to join their team due to growth within the business. Our client is one of the most recognisable names within the Staffordshire area. Due to increased business growth and internal movement this client is recruiting for two assistant accountant positions.
Your new role
The Assistant Accountant will support the strategic business objectives of the exciting and dynamic business by providing quality assistance to the Business by maintaining efficient and effective financial controls in a customer focused environment. Provide managers with accurate, timely and relevant information when required.
This role is specifically about maintaining accurate financial records and helping to support the business, together with assisting in Monthly accounts production and the Annual budgeting/forecasting process.
You will be working alongside experienced accounts staff who will be on hand to offer support and guidance. The key objectives of this role are; accurate reconciliation and reporting of data to the Business, producing statistical information as required by the Business, supporting the line manager in any reporting requirements, supporting the line manager in any budgeting and forecasting requirement and look to continuously develop existing processes to improve efficiency throughout the Business.
Additionally, key duties of this role will include;
- Completion of reports both internally and to Group.
- Reconciliation of control accounts each month.
- Assisting in the production of the monthly management accounts as requested, working to strict deadlines in accordance to group submission dates.
- Continually improve the quality of financial information within the Resort to assist the decision making process.
- Assist in the budgeting & forecasting process, liaising with stakeholders as required.
- Completing the national statistics on time and accurately when required.
- Assist in the production of tax information when requested
- Support any ad hoc analysis where necessary
- To continuously improve own knowledge of business operation and activities.
- Establish effective working relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Have confidence to input, use initiative, and show creative approaches.
- Proactively seeks to improve own skills and knowledge, taking advantage of our study support policy.
- Advanced excel skills are a pivotal requirement.
- Weekend reporting - You will be required to work one Sunday a month and some Bank holidays to assist in reporting.
What you'll need to succeed
Working as the assistant accountant will demand an excellent attention to detail, strong communication skills and an excellent work ethic. You will be degree educated, be studying or have completed your AAT or have studying your CIMA or ACCA.
You will have a desire to continue to study and will have an active interest in progressing your career. This role is one where you will be able to develop skills and expertise which will assist you in your future career.
What you'll get in return
You will receive an excellent benefits package including company pension and discount, and will be also be eligible for study support.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.