Underwriter - Knaresborough
Cameron James Professional Recruitment are recognised as an industry leading specialist Insurance Recruiter across the UK and renowned for offering first rate professional advice to all areas of the insurance arena.
A great new opportunity has arisen to work for a very well respected and successful broker based in Knaresborough.
We are looking for an experienced underwriter to join the team and further contribute to the already hugely successful business. You’ll enter an extremely friendly atmosphere to which a good attitude and performance is rewarded and encouraged, as well as the opportunity to further progress your skills and ultimately your career.
In order to be successful you must have experience within commercial underwriting, have great knowledge of insurance principles and practices, the ability to effectively deal with legal and technical concepts and finally the ability to provide an exceptional service to both new and existing clients.
Your duties will include:
- Deal with new business enquiries, renewals and mid-term adjustments within authority.
- Ensure that service standards are achieved.
- Work collaboratively with other parts of the organisation, when required.
- Comply with Binder, procedures and underwriting authority levels.
- Contribute towards business Net Written Premium objectives whilst working towards the businesses annual Target Loss Ratios
- To undertake training in line with agreed objectives and keep up-to date with technical, legal and market developments via use of e-learning, internal training and reading market related material.
- To conduct the business of the Company at all times in a courteous and efficient manner.
Those with or working towards exams with The CII, will have an advantage and you will be encouraged to continue your professional development.
Proven experience at this level is required for this role.