Gas, Power & LNG Confirmations Analyst
My client, an exciting growing Energy Trading company are recruiting into their Contract Team.
- Check of Trader Deal Sheets against the system of record to ensure accuracy of the deal capture.
- Reconcile all Broker Recaps against the system of record to ensure accuracy.
- Draft (whether automatically through STP tools or manually) and ensure timely dispatch of all Counterparty Confirmations.
- Receive and reconcile all Counterparty Confirmations.
- Chase outstanding and overdue Recaps and Confirmations to ensure receipt.
- Monitor electronic Confirmations (both Broker and Counterparty) for failures and resolve through to successful match.
- Ensure compliance at all times with the relevant policies and audit Controls.
- Handling any other ad hoc Confirmation requirements, requests and queries as required.
- Provide training as required to new staff members.
- Possess a strong paralegal background.
- Will need to be able to work independently, quickly and accurately on a large volume of work with prompt deadlines.
- Should be confident working with complex documentation and any previous contractual or trading background may be advantageous
- Previous working knowledge of gas/power/emissions/derivatives trading and Confirmations essential
- Ability to absorb technical information quickly and apply the information effectively in practice
- Experience of writing and maintaining internal procedural documentation.
- Experience of referring to an ETRM system for deal verification purposes.
- Extreme attention to accuracy, detail, presentation and timeliness of delivery.
- Ability to prioritise workload and deliver against tight deadlines.
- A proven team player.
- A flexible approach and a commercial orientation.
- Ability to develop and maintain ongoing working relationships, networks and partnerships to help achieve business goals through others.
- Proficient with the use of MS Outlook, Word and Excel.