Part Qualified Accountant / WIP Biller - Motorsports- £28K
6 days left
- Full Time
Our client, a prominent name in the sports marketing and motorsport business, has an exciting opportunity for a part-qualified accountant to join a busy team supporting the Financial Controller in a hands on, all round accounting role, taking overall responsibility for financial oversight of client billings / WIP management / Credit control.
You must have a keen interest in sports (preferably motorsports), you will be responsible for, but not limited to;
- Perform financial analysis of project costs versus budget and billing on a monthly basis.
- Provide analysis and reporting as related to comparisons to forecasted results and trended results.
- Set up new projects as requested by the Account Teams in the appropriate accounting software system.
- Maintain project budget information for projects that have a budget. Request missing budgeted information from teams.
- Reconcile all project costs to align with general ledger monthly.
- Research and correct misclassifications through journal entry as needed.
- Provide timely and accurate reports to client team leadership and Corporate Controller following month end.
- Book monthly cost and revenue accruals.
- Liaison with share service center to ensure billing records are up to date
- Meet with client teams to review project analysis on a monthly basis.
- Assist with audit preparation work at year end
- Prepare month end journals for business partner approval
- Assist with Financial Statements preparation
You will be required to have good general knowledge of Accounting and be either Qualified or at Passed Finalist stage with ACA, CIMA or ACCA. You will possess excellent Excel skills along with great communication skills and the ability to work under pressure as well.
Desirably you will have experience in using Netsuite accounting system along with a keen interest in sports and motorsports.
If this sounds like you then please send us your CV now!