At Cargiant we are currently recruiting for a Head Chef to work in the heart of our business, our Giant's Diner. The Head Chef will be expected to work alongside our Restaurant Manager in managing daily kitchen activities by leading the team setting high cooking and preperation standards among the restaurant staff. This is a fantastic opportunity to enhance your restaurant experience and inspire and motivate a team to grow their potential to the highest standard.
Cargiant is the world's largest car dealership with 7000 vehicles in stock and retail sales of over 1000 cars per week! It's taken 30 years of planning to assemble the 45 acre site that serves our current business and future expansion plans. We are always looking for smart, motivated and dynamic individuals who have passion and drive, to join our growing Company. Why not apply and become part of the Company that changed car buying forever?
Interested in working at Cargiant? Have a look at what it would be like by visiting our Youtube channel "Cargianttv" to watch the following videos:
"Cargiant Saturday 2014"
"Cargiant behind the scenes"
What you will do:
- Train and develop kitchen staff on dish specification and how to achieve food margins
- Prepare food for service appropriate to sales levels
- Control wastage records and report all wastage
- Comply and implement all Health and Safety and Food Hygiene requirements
- Achieve sales and profits by mentoring and motivating the team to achieve maximum targets
- Ensure temperature records and food labelling are maintained and up to date
- Assist the Chef Manager with menu creation
- Coordinate with Restaurant Manager on supply ordering, budgeting, kitchen efficiency and staffing
- Any other ad hoc duties the Restaurant Manager requires
What you will need:
- Formal culinary training
- Previous restaurant experience
- Knowledge of restaurant regulations
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong leadership skills and excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
It goes without saying:
You will receive great benefits including:
- 28 days' holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Onsite gym
- Vehicle purchase discount
- Cycle to work scheme
Sound perfect for you?
Then take your career to the next step and APPLY TODAY!