Health and Social Care Assessor
OVERVIEW: HEALTH & SOCIAL CARE ASSESSOR
We are currently seeking an experienced Health & Social Care Assessor to deliver and coordinate the successful completion of Apprenticeship Level 2 & 3 Health & Social Care qualifications for a well-established and respected training provider based in Norfolk and surrounding areas.
The role is home based and the learner caseload is located predominately in South Yorkshire (Sheffield, Barnsley and Doncaster).
The role will require you to be involved in all aspects of the Health & Social Care Diploma delivery including the carrying out of assessments and also liaising with employers, external verifiers and staff to maximise the Health and Social Care Diploma framework completions. You will possess a strong occupational background in Social Care, and ideally hold a Level 3 qualification (or equivalent) in a Health & Social Care discipline.
You will already hold the relevant Assessor qualification (A1, TAQA or equivalent).
It is desirable that you have a management background in a care setting in order to assess learners up to level 5.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE: HEALTH & SOCIAL CARE ASSESSOR
With a passion for working with others and supporting learners towards maximising their full potential, you will take responsibility for managing a caseload of learners, creating a bespoke and meaningful lesson plan and schedule of learning to support and motivate learners towards achieving qualifications, stretching their learning, increasing their knowledge and capabilities and supporting them while they evolve intellectually and professionally.
DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: HEALTH & SOCIAL CARE ASSESSOR
- Working closely with internal and external key stakeholders, while delivering a range of quality provisions, you will follow code of practise and or the agreed procedure for any awarding bodies.
- Train, assess, motivate and support learners on programmes towards achieving qualifications including Apprenticeships and NVQ's within a sector specific area and in a variety of locations and environments / organisations.
- Utilise the use of learner's lesson plan to record and endorse the journey the learner has undergone towards achieving their qualification. This along with all other documentation should be completed accurately and timely to support the overall business objective and also to ensure all materials are available on request for audit purposes.
- Ensure the highest standards of learner completions are met and to monitor candidates' progress, including carrying out regular progression reviews/additional support reviews.
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES: HEALTH & SOCIAL CARE ASSESSOR
- A1 Assessor Award (or equivalent) Or be willing to work toward
- Relevant Teaching Qualification (desirable)
- It is desirable that you have a management background in a care setting in order to assess learners up to Level 5
- Strong occupational competence in Health & Social care
- Experience using E-Portfolio systems
- Excellent attention to detail/Time management skills
- Positive and dynamic with the ability to think on your feet and solve problems
- Passion for people development
- Full UK Driving License and use of own vehicle
SALARY/BENEFITS: HEALTH & SOCIAL CARE ASSESSOR
Starting salary range between £23.5k - £25k (depending on qualifications and experience)
25 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
Attractive Employee Benefits package, including full travel expenses (45p per mile paid from home)
Please Note: Oakmoor Recruitment receive a high number of applications and are not always able to respond to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not been contacted within 7 days then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest and we will keep your details on file for any future suitable vacancies. All applications must be eligible to work in the UK.