Multi-skilled maintenance engineer - Stafford
7 days left
- Full Time
I am working for a leading supplier and systems integrator of highly dynamic, automated logistics solutions for warehousing, production, picking and distribution operations. The company designs, manufactures and installs a complete range of solutions, from small conveyor applications to complex, fully automated storage and retrieval systems.
I am currently recruiting for an experienced an electrical bias Multi skilled maintenance engineer to join their fast growing and highly successful team here in the UK.
The multi skilled maintenance Engineer will support our customer on all automation related topics. You provide a broad based electrical, mechanical, FM and software technical ability along with a right first time mentality and a proactive approach to identifying ways to improve the site's performance.
Based on site, the Resident Engineer must represent my clients image at all times and ensure that a professional relationship with the client is developed and maintained. This will be working a 4 on 4 off, 12 hours days and nights shift pattern.
- Accountability and ownership to deliver the contracted KPI's
- Autonomous maintenance activities of the automated equipment on site including, pallet conveyors, twin mast pallet cranes, weight checks, pallet lifts and pallet checks
- Support the automation to operate at its maximum efficiency ensuring that the customers' orders are not missed
- Comply to all current, future health and safety legislation at all times
- Attend daily customer meetings providing any updates on the automation
- Continually improve the performance of the equipment and how you work
- Actively work with the customer to optimise the automation performance
- Co-ordinate all planned preventive maintenance activities with the customer
- Work with a right first time mind-set at all times
- Be operationally minded with all decisions
- Lead / co-ordination of any automation breakdowns and escalations
- Assist and site software commissioning and handover testing of in-house and sub contract controls solutions
- Provide support for electrical and software systems to our clients throughout the life of the installation
- Minimum NVQ Level 3 / City and Guilds in electrical or mechanical engineering
- Completion of an electrical apprenticeship
- Ability to think methodically
- Working knowledge of electrical engineering principles
- Ability to read electrical drawings
- 17th Edition Wiring Regulations (preferred), or electrical competency
- Fault finding ability on electrical circuits
- Working knowledge of fieldbus systems (AS-interface, Profibus, Profinet, Ethernet)
- Experience of PLCs and I/O systems.
- Experience and knowledge of engineering, construction and commissioning processes
- Experience of conveyor systems.
- Previous experience of working in an operational engineering role within a similar environment
- Experience of working with Warehouse Management Systems is preferable
- Excellent communication skills and customer focus
- Ability to work in a time critical environment
Proactive Technical Recruitment is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Proactive Technical Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.