Senior Service Engineer
We have a brand new position for talented Support Engineer / Service Engineer who has a background in supporting complex high technology products in the field. This position is based in Oxford and will require international travel about 30%. Ideally you will have acted as an International Support Engineer / International Field service engineer with experience of the Semiconductor market. Experience of working with any or all of; optical systems including lasers and fibres, electronics, electro-mechanics would be a distinct advantage.
Responsibilities of Field Service Engineer
* You will work as part of the multidisciplinary team of scientists and engineers to deliver continuous improvements, transfer these to production and assist in keeping tools in the field working optimally.
* Provide on-site and/or phone service support, usually at partner sites but sometimes with the end customer
* Provide support to third party manufacturing to ensure builds are to high standards and tools correctly configured.
* Provide support to systems in the headquarters and support engineering development activities
* Provide hands on input to development projects to ensure products are designed for service
* Provide appropriate documentation that facilitates manufacturing in house or by a third party
The candidate should be ambitious, independent, exhibit strong leadership skills and enjoy problem-solving. The technologies utilized are diverse (algorithms, electronics, embedded software, electro-mechanics, optics, vacuum etc.) and so the ideal candidate should also have a broad experience on similar complex instruments.
* A Degree in a relevant engineering discipline (eg. Mechanical, Electronic, Mechatronics, Electromechanical) or science (eg. Physics) with experience in engineering
* Experience of supporting complex high technology products in the field
* Experience of working with engineering development and release into a product (ie Product Life Cycle)
* Over 3 years practical experience in a Support role
* Excellent customer facing and communication skills
* Fluency in written and oral technical English combined with excellent presentation
* Experience in the Semiconductor field would be an advantage
* Experience of developing and documenting instrumentation or analytical equipment would be an advantage.
* Experience of working with any or all of; optical systems including lasers and fibres, electronics, electro-mechanics would be an advantage
Location: Oxford (Commutable from: Newbury, Reading, Oxford, Swindon, Abingdon, Didcot, Bicester, High Wycombe, etc)
Salary: £45k - £55k + Expenses + (share option programme)