Role: Communications Engineer
Location: Farnborough - Occasional travel required
Hours: 37 hours per week with occasional out of hours working (paid back in lieu)
Salary: £25,000 + Pension, Health Assessment, 25 days holiday + extras
SC cleared essential - this is not required on start but you must be eligible
Full driving licence essential
- To provide field infrastructure support, provide new infrastructure installations, moves, adds and changes to data/voice network to meet agreed Service Levels.
- To provide field break/fix maintenance to the data/voice network/infrastructure.
- To provide support services for projects. This role is primarily based at Farnborough, but working away at other remote sites will be required as requirements dictate.
- Carry out surveys for new installations
- Carry out installations of passive cabling & infrastructure containment.
- Carry out field support for project services.
- Carry out field data/voice cabinet construction
- Supporting Audio Visual (AV) and Video Conferencing (VC) facilities
- Working with, and in some cases supervising sub-contractors, as required
- Ensure configuration management is maintained.
- Carry out field Installation Moves And Changes (IMACS) of the voice/data network.
- Work on IP CCTV & Alarm integration's
- Health and Safety of team and self.
- Shadowing the Desktop Team to gain broader skill set.
- To maintain effective working relationships with on-site operational teams and contractors.
- To undertake other duties as directed by the Team Lead.
- Have concern for excellence and service improvement.
- Commitment to set, achieve and maintain a high quality service.
- To be relied upon to take a task through from conception to completion.
- Shows the commitment and ability to identify and understand the current and future needs of the customer, and be willing to go that 'extra step' to ensure the individual customer's needs are met.
- Must have the ability to work and communicate well as part of a team and to be able to work on own initiative.
- To have the ability to look ahead and identify new opportunities and approaches to work related issues.
- Adapts to changing demands and conditions.
- Takes responsibility for own development and actively pursues learning and development opportunities.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Drive and determination
- Problem ownership
- Customer focus and vision
- Be able to work under pressure.
- Coaching of other team members
- Planning and organising
- Good problem and analytical skills
- Following process
- Flexible approach to working
Experience & Qualifications
Accreditations and qualifications to include:
- Health and Safety (Working at heights, Asbestos, Confined spaces, manual handling) etc.
- Emergency First Aid at Work
- ITIL V3 Foundation
- Certified Network Infrastructure Technician (CNIT)
- Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) or equivalent experience.
- Comptia Network +
- Comptia A+
- City & Guilds in fibre optic termination & testing
- Milestone Technical Introduction Seminar
- Extron Global Configurator Plus
Demonstrable IT Infrastructure knowledge including:
- Configuration of network attached equipment
- BSEN 50173/50174
- Structured Cabling.
- Telecoms cabling
- Wi-Fi planning and design
- Network Equipment Rooms / Datacentres
- Working with different network classifications
- AV & VC equipment
- Basic knowledge of IP CCTV systems
- Access Control systems
- Alarm integration
- Knowledge of Electrical and earthing systems
- Surveying - pricing and costing IT installations internally and externally
- Managing office moves and Business as Usual (BAU) Projects.
- Service Management Ticketing - Resolve
- Working in the construction environment including Construction Design Management (CDM) regulations
- Installations of Tray/Basket work
- Installations of PVC & Metal Conduit & Trunking
- Configuration control
- Managing Contractors
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organisation
If you would like to be considered for this position or you would like to understand more about the role please contact me on either or
All applications will be handled in the strictest of confidence.