A high-tech electronics engineering organisation are recruiting a Commercial Manager. Applicants need full commercial lifecycle experience - the ability to manage contractual change, and also support work winning activities.
The Commercial Manager will be both customer and supplier facing, and have responsibility for managing existing contractual agreements, negotiating, and supporting bid and tender activities. Suppliers and subcontractors will typically be software consultancies and developers, and the customer base is predominately government agencies.
Specific duties of the Commercial Manager will include:
1. Serve as Point of Contact for Suppliers & Customers - establish good working relationships
2. Participate in Bid Team activities
3. Prepare and/or review commercial response to customers proposed contractual agreements
4. Support the development and implementation of commercial negotiation strategies
5. Prepare and negotiate new contracts and amendments to existing contracts and arrange for their approval.
6. Ensure a robust Contract Baseline is established and maintained, including contractual changes.
7. Provide guidance on compliance to T&Cs
8. Support Supplier Management and Negotiation activities
9. Identify and mitigate commercial / contractual risk
10. Maintain commercial department records
Commercial Manager applicants should meet the following criteria:
1. Commercial or Contracts Management experience
2. Exposure to the full commercial lifecycle - from bid/tender activities, contract negotiation, management and change
3. Experience drafting, and negotiating commercial agreements
4. Experience preparing commercial responses
5. IACCM, MCIPS qualification or degree - desirable