Divisional Financial Controller
FRS Accountancy is currently assisting a well-known organisation in their search for a Financial Controller. Reporting to the Managing Director the role will direct and manage the finance department and as a Senior Manager to contribute corporately to the strategic direction of the company.
Duties will include:
- Participate in the strategy of the company and continually look for improvements and cost reduction opportunities.
- Provide commercial support to non-finance staff as needed.
- Be commercially minded and take on challenges and responsibility that may not be part of the day to day finance function.
- Initiate, plan, negotiate and manage the company wide annual budget.
- Assess and recommend appropriate company business and financial targets.
- Prepare detailed financial implications of the strategic and annual plans.
- Preparation of annual budget and the twice-yearly updates.
- Assist the MD with preparation of presentations and reports to UK region and head office management.
- To direct and manage the staff and workload within the Finance Division.
- To agree and set annual budgets for Finance department.
- Prepare monthly and annual accounts.
- Ensure that group policies are followed.
- Manage cash flow; ensure that debtors pay on time.
- Manage and develop financial department staff.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Analysis of results, especially margins, and development of the company’s reporting system
The successful candidate will be / have:
- Previous experience within a business or finance environment including middle and senior management roles.
- Broad experience of all related financial and management accountancy processes and procedures.
- Strategic planning experience.
- Experience within a commercial environment.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- A strong technical ability.
- Corporate membership of an Accounting Body ACA, CIMA, ACCA.
- The successful applicant will preferably have a formal accounting qualification, though QBE will also be considered.
FRS strives to be an equal opportunities employer, and is committed to treating all applicants alike. FRS does not treat any individual on grounds of sex, age, colour, marital status, race, nationality or ethnic or national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability or membership or non-membership of a trade union, less favourably than others. All vacancies advertised are open to all ages.