Head of Compliance and Risk,CAML
Reporting To: Compliance Officer
- Number of peopledirectlyreporting: 1
- Number of peopleindirectlyreporting: 2
Internal:CAMLandCISLtdComplianceTeams,InvestmentTeam,AccountsandDealing Team and other employees asappropriate
- External: FCA, Fund Auditors, Depositary, Custodian, Compliance Consultants, Fund Administrator,TAandRegistrar,Lawyersandanyotherthirdpartyserviceproviders
Main Purpose of The Role
- Responsible for the operation of Compliance and Risk Management for CAML and the ICVCs.
- ResponsibleformanagingtheCAMLComplianceTeamandforprovidingtechnicalsupport, advice and guidance to the Team and the business as awhole.
- To oversee the CAML Compliance function and ensure that CAML, its employees and the ICVCs remain compliant with all applicable regulations and company policies and procedures.
- Advising and reporting to the Compliance Officer and the CAML Board in respect of these responsibilities.
- Member of the Senior ManagementTeam.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing the Senior Compliance Manager directly and for the indirect management of the Compliance Monitoring Manager and ComplianceAssistant.
- Responsible for compliance oversight of CAML and the authorised funds itmanages.
- Ensuring documented and effective compliance procedures are maintained consistent with internal standards, business goals and attitude torisk.
- Ensuring an appropriate Compliance Monitoring Programme is implemented and maintained.
- ResponsibleforchairingtheInvestmentRiskOversightCommitteeandforworkingwiththe business to ensure all identified risks relevant to CAML and the ICVCs aremitigated.
- Required to provide input and challenge as a member of the CIS Ltd Risk Management Committee and Senior ManagementTeam.
- Responsible for working with the Senior Compliance Manager and the business to ensure all regulatory changes are identified and implemented in a timelymanner.
- Responsible for assessing any issues identified or raised by the Team from a control, commercial or regulatory perspective and for escalating any serious issues to the CF10, CF11, Senior Management Team, Investment Risk Oversight Committee or Board as appropriate.
- Responsible for providing Compliance Reports to the Board on a quarterlybasis.
- Responsibleforensuringalllegaldocumentation,suchasISDAagreementsandthird-party service provider agreements and SLAs are in place and maintained in line with regulatory changes / businesschanges.
- Ensure all applicable regulatory returns and notifiable events are completed, reviewed and submitted to the FCA within the permittedtimescales.
- Responsible for providing training to the Compliance Team and the wider business, including to CIS Ltd asrequired.
- To ensure all registers necessary to demonstrate compliance with FCA regulations are created, completed and kept up todate.
- Advise on the compliance and risk implications of any proposed businessdevelopments.
- To make recommendations as to how the firm’s systems and procedures might be improved.
- Promote thebrand.
- Promote the core values so that they are live throughout theteam.
- Ensure the firm’s high standards of client care aremet.
- Ensure the confidentiality of all work undertaken for clients, and work within the principles of the Data ProtectionAct.
- Comply with the FCA’s Treating Customers Fairly requirements, and other requirements set out in the company manual andprocesses.
- To co-operate fully with the Our clients’ Anti Money Launderingrequirements.
- To maintain records in accordance with our clients’ compliance requirements as set out in its compliance manuals andprocedures.
- Work within the requirements of the Data protectionpolicy.
- To work with and support other employees working within the various departments of the company.
- Createandpromoteapositiveworkingenvironmentwithinwhicheachindividualfeelsthey make a valuable contribution and knows how their success will bemeasured.
- Anyotherduties whichmayreasonablybeexpectedandwhichfallwithinyourcapabilities or general area ofresponsibility.
- To be aware of and comply with all Health and Safety Requirements affecting your work and report any problemsimmediately.
- Yearly review of the Business Continuity Plan(BCP).
Skills and Knowledge Requirements
- At least 8 years compliance and risk managementexperience.
- Ideally educated to degree level with a relevant industry qualification, such as CISI Investment Operations Certificate (IOC) orequivalent.
- A degree is an advantage but is not essential as industry experience will be taken into consideration.
- Ideally achieved or working towards the CISI Diploma orequivalent.
- Previous management experiencedesirable.
- Previous experience of working for a fund manageressential.
- Previous risk management experienceessential.
- Knowledge of collective investment schemesessential.
- Understanding of derivatives, and in particular swaps, futures and optionsessential.
- Knowledge of property funds and / or PAIFs would beadvantageous.
- Understanding of the UK, European and regulatory environment isessential.
- Detailed knowledge of the FCA Handbook is essential, and in particular COLL, FUND, COBS, CASS,SYSC.
- Knowledge of MiFID / MiFID II, UCITS V, AIFMD, EMIR and MARdesirable.
- Familiarity with Barra or other risk management system sessential.
- Understanding of FundWare or other IBP monitoring systemsessential.
- Ability and confidence to challenge at Boardlevel.