Static Data & Control Banking Officer
7 days left
- Full Time
Prestigious banking organisation is seeking well rounded bank professional to join their Banking Control division, which manages the bank's static data, account opening information, and reporting (in line with FATCA and FSCS). Ideal candidates will be Excel proficient (spreadsheets, vlookups), punctual and be reliable for both the team and bank.
This role provides support for client and product data set-up and maintenance in various systems and applications across multiple business lines. The quality and integrity of static data is essential to the business process, as is the control and ongoing maintenance, with impact reaching from Client on-boarding, trading, confirmation and settlement through to regulatory reporting. As a Senior Officer in the systems and operational requirements concerning client data, the role is to execute approved instructions to input or update client data in the systems housing client data for which the team is responsible. Quality of the information being input and maintained is critical ensuring quality of the static data related to all bank processing applications. This includes ensuring that the data maintained is accurate, consistent, and up-to-date.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Review and ensure quality of client data based on approved instructions from approved staff.
- Provide data input services for other types of static and reference data within several operational systems or Data sheets.
- Periodically review static data to ensure consistency and accuracy
- Perform bulk data "clean-ups" as required
- Participate in User Acceptance Testing of Client Data Systems
- Participate as Client Data SME for application systems during system changes and upgrades
- Take part in data cleansing and enrichment initiatives as mandated
- Intraday checking of Equation journals against retail payment instructions
- Support other Control Unit functions as directed by the Assistant Manager Control Unit
- Other duties will be as follows:
- Input and maintenance of static data in various systems
- Independent checking of funds transfer journals against source documents
- Assist with other Control Unit functions as directed by the Assistant Manager, Control Unit.
Qualification & Experience
- Good academic qualifications (minimum 2 'A’ levels), maths and English preferred
- 5 years banking experience in a similar environment with focus on Static Data,
- Background in International Banking Operations, especially client and/or static data input/maintenance preferred
- Common Standard Reporting requirements, FSCS & FACTA reporting.
- Good knowledge of SWIFT (major message types and standards).
- Good Accounting/Payment knowledge and experience within a similar environment beneficial.
- Good concentration and attention to detail
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Team player
- Ability to quickly learn static data components of new Bank applications as they come online.